You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot Select Lens Profile

Hello,

I just did a clean install of macOS Sonoma. After installing Affinity Photo, when opening a RAW image, the application won't let me click on the Lens Profile checkbox to manually choose a profile.

Before installing Sonoma, I was on the latest version of Ventura, and on version 2.1.1 of Affinity Photo, and I could choose any lens profile without problem.

Hi, which RAW engine do you use, Apple RAW or Serif RAW?

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

Hi, I am also having a problem today accessing the Lens Profile application (under Lens Correction) in the Develop Persona while working with my raw images with Affinity Photo. I can't click on the check marked box nor can I access the pulldown menu (that I use for one of my most common lenses). It is just wholly inaccessible. I think that my MacBook Pro recently updated its OS so maybe that is the problem. I have a MacBook Pro now running Sonoma 14.0 and I am using Affinity Photo 2.0.0. I also decided to run my original Affinity Photo 1.10.6 to see whether the problem occurred there as well and it did. I also could not access the Lens Profile tab running that older version of AF. I imagine the problem, then, is with the Mac OS upgrade....?? 

I just wanted to add on that when I am developing raw images that I took with a different lens that Affinity Photo automatically recognises (meaning I do not ever have to access the Lens Profile dropdown manually with this other lens, which happens to be a Sony Distagon T 24mm lens) -- Affinity Photo DID automatically recognise that the image was shot with the 24mm and DID apply automatic adjustments. It is just with the other lens that I have always had to manually choose under the pulldown menu (it is a Sony Planar T 50mm that I use often and have it "hearted" as a favourite on the Lens Profile pulldown menu that is never automatically recognised by Affinity Photo) that I am experiencing a problem with today.

Same question to you: do you use Serif or Apple RAW (develop assistant)?

Apple RAW automatically does lens correction (independent from settings in Photo), so lens correction must be disabled in that case. when I remember it right, this might have changed in V2.2 and automatically gets deactivated and blocked.

When using Serif RAW, you can choose if it is on or off.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

40 minutes ago, NotMyFault said:

Same question to you: do you use Serif or Apple RAW (develop assistant)?

Apple RAW automatically does lens correction (independent from settings in Photo), so lens correction must be disabled in that case. when I remember it right, this might have changed in V2.2 and automatically gets deactivated and blocked.

When using Serif RAW, you can choose if it is on or off.

Hi, I am sorry to say I do not understand your question. I shoot with a Sony a99ii and transfer my raw images into my MacBook Pro and open up directly into Affinity Photo to develop the raw images. ?? Does this answer your question? Or can you rephrase it for me, a computer-illiterate type? Thanks so much.

Perhaps this known issue: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/search/&tags=af-513

And especially this: 

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi @rhythm.rubrics,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

Thanks for your report! As above this is a known issue which is already logged with our development team, though I have 'bumped' the issue with this thread to bring it to their attention once again.

We hope to have this issue resolved ASAP, our apologies for any inconveniences caused in the meantime.

I hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "[macOS] Develop Lens Correction does not function on macOS Sonoma" (REF: AF-513) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.3.0.2094".
This fix is already available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.