You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Styles for table cells

What sort of "styles"?

Text Styles or row/column/cell Fill/Stroke styles or something else?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

The Table Formats panel should be able to do that for you and then let you save your fill/stroke "patterns" as different "presets" (Table Formats)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Seems to work here fine

Can you supply a basic Publisher document with a Table setup with the Fills (just colours, no data needed) you require and I'll see if I can create a preset from it

Not sure exactly what you are trying to show me but if you just want to change the colour for the crossword's input boxes, why not just use a recolour adjustment?

See attached

cells-recolour.afpub

The Table Formats panel works quite well for quickly formatting an entire table.  The problem here is that the OP has a specific use case in which formatting needs to be applied differently to specific cells of the table which do not match the calculable patterns which can be used in defining those table formats.

I agree that there is not currently a good solution for applying styles selectively to arbitrary cells.

4 hours ago, carl123 said:

if you just want to change the colour for the crossword's input boxes, why not just use a recolour adjustment

Thank you. Partly what I was looking for. But you can't change the lines between cells to a different color.

16 minutes ago, anto said:

But you can't change the lines between cells to a different color.

Ah, I forgot about that requirement

OK, try this...

Set up 2 global colours

One for the cell fill and one for the cell border

Format/design the table using those 2 Global colours

Then just edit the Global colours to change the cells fill and stroke colours as required

That should work

I would just convert to curves after the creation(make duplicate)
Now use the vectorfloodfill or the shapebuilder or multiselect and alter the fills and strokes>
Or use the stylepicker.

I wouldn't even use a table for this.
Just use the quickgrid and add the numbers on top.