You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This Designer exports perfectly in all the formats I have tried and looks good in the preview except for PDF Print, PDF/X_1a:2003 exports as it should. The odd thing is the other 2 islands in the illustration are made with the same techniques and print export as they should, it's just the whales that are an issue. Thought this might be a weird bug. It shows up in the current version and the beta. 

Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 05.47.01.png

Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 05.33.52.png

• Staff

Hi @nomi02118

Would you be able to provide a copy of your file so we can investigate?

I am currently Out of Office, please tag @Affinity Info Bot in your replies for another member of QA to see. 

How to format a bug report | List of V2 FAQ's | Affinity Photo (V2) Tutorials | Affinity Designer (V2) Tutorials | Affinity Publisher (V2) Tutorials

Hi @nomi02118,

Do you have any FX applied to any of the Whale elements, i.e., any element contained within the rectangle that displays incorrectly on export? If you do, try disabling the FX temporarily to see if the file then exports correctly, if that makes no difference then @EmT beat me to it, an upload of the file would be really helpful.

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

3 minutes ago, Hangman said:

Hi @nomi02118,

Do you have any FX applied to any of the Whale elements, i.e., any element contained within the rectangle that displays incorrectly on export? If you do, try disabling the FX temporarily to see if the file then exports correctly, if that makes no difference then @EmT beat me to it, an upload of the file would be really helpful.

I do, there is a gaussian blur FX to the reflexion but that is on all three islands and only whales export weird. Exporting with it off did not help. 

40 minutes ago, nomi02118 said:

Sure, it might be something basic I missed but as the other areas are the same, it is a mystery to me.

Could you also upload a pdf where you see the issue shown in your screenshot?

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

• Staff

Hi @nomi02118

It looks like the issue is occurring on this layer here:
image.png

If you resize or crop it so it fits within or at the size of the boundaries of the page, the file does then export correctly. 

I'll pass this along to the devs to be investigated. 

I am currently Out of Office, please tag @Affinity Info Bot in your replies for another member of QA to see. 

How to format a bug report | List of V2 FAQ's | Affinity Photo (V2) Tutorials | Affinity Designer (V2) Tutorials | Affinity Publisher (V2) Tutorials

1 minute ago, EmT said:

Hi @nomi02118

It looks like the issue is occurring on this layer here:
image.png

If you resize or crop it so it fits within or at the size of the boundaries of the page, the file does then export correctly. 

I'll pass this along to the devs to be investigated. 

That is interesting, I am glad I brought it up. However it still had an issue fro me. I resized the sky to be sure it wasn't over the borders as well but it wasn't. Still weird it's only that one group and the 2 islands are fine. This won't be finished for a while and I plan to use PDF/X-1a for printing but I hope if this is a problem and not just me, it gets solved.

let's count to ten.pdf