You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashing when using Pixabay vector images

Just like @Komatös showed and I tried to say is that the UI can open documents, images and also stock images.
I think it has been mentioned/reported before that on mac you cannot drag to an empty workspace but on windows you can.
And yes the dropping on an open document makes the windows version also crash.

1 minute ago, Return said:

I think it has been mentioned/reported before that on mac you cannot drag to an empty workspace but on windows you can.

For at least a few of us, this works in the V2 Mac retail version ... for a while, then it does not -- the Stock panel item (whether vector or not) just flies back into the Stock panel. The fix for that is quitting & relaunching the app, where it works for a while until it does not again. The staff have not yet been able to reproduce this, so the cause is unknown.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, Komatös said:

What If you drag the vector graphics on the menu bar?

Considering that it works if I drag it just about anywhere other than into the document workspace window, it seems very weird & user unfriendly that it does not there as well, & of course it should not crash the app regardless.

So I hope the fix allows us to drag the stock item anywhere into the desktop apps to either create a new document of the same size as that item if it is not dragged onto an existing document, or into an existing document if dropped there.

It would also be nice if there was a way to open a stock item directly in the iPad version without first having to create or open a document to place it in....

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hello thanks for replying!

The issue with text frames I've attached screen shots below, Part one is what I see even though I've typed *that* and Part 2 is the word appearing after I've zoomed out a little. I'm not sure if it might be a graphic card issue and not affinity? @MEB

Part one.jpg

Part 2 after zoom.jpg

5 hours ago, PWAMM said:

The issue with text frames...

Does this have anything to do with the Pixabay vector issue you reported in your first post?

If not, it probably should be posted to a different topic with an appropriate title & more details, if possible.

Affinity Photo 

Dragging vector images from the Stock menu into AD Beta 1931, works fine for me on Win10. I tried dragging every way I could think of, no crashing.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

1 hour ago, Ron P. said:

Dragging vector images from the Stock menu into AD Beta 1931, works fine for me on Win10. I tried dragging every way I could think of, no crashing.

Try dragging a Pixabay vector image into a workspace window.that already has a document in it. For instance, either open an existing document or create a new one & then try dragging the vector image into that document's window. Or just drag the first vector image into an empty document window & then try dragging a second one into that window.

Affinity Photo 

Weird! I don't know what has changed for me but now I can drag a Pixabay vector image into an empty document window in AD beta 2.2.0(1939) & it opens fine without crashing (so anywhere I drag it & get a green circle with a plus icon works). However, it still crashes if I try to drag a vector into an existing document.

Affinity Photo 

It wasn't crashing for me before, now it does, but only when dragging onto an open blank document.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

2 minutes ago, Ron P. said:

It wasn't crashing for me before, now it does, but only when dragging onto an open blank document.

Does it crash for you in this AD 2 (or APub 2) beta if you drag into an empty document window (IOW, when there is no open document in the document view window)? That works fine for me now, although it did not yesterday when I tried it.

But for me it still does & always has crashed when dragging into an open document's window, even if that document is blank (empty of any content).

Affinity Photo 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "Pixabay, Vector Stock: dragging vector art to canvas crashes app" (REF: AFD-6786) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.2.0.1971".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.