You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

JPG exporting error/bug?

please have a look at my attachment?
It's just a screenshot directly from export window in publisher.
in the background you can see the original design...
the final exported jpg looks like the preview of the export preview window. 🤷🏻‍♂️

there's any kind of extra noise, or brightness where shouldn't be any.

Bildschirm­foto 2023-05-31 um 17.34.44.png

If you are on Windows, and you have Hardware Acceleration (OpenCL) enabled in the application Settings, Performance, you might try disabling it to see if that resolves the problem.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Der zoomlevel ist 17%

Bedingt durch die mipmaps Methode zur Anzeige werden feine Details wie Rauschen und Schärfe nur bei 100% zoom korrekt angezeigt.

Jede verkleinerte Darstellung liefert nur eine ungefähre Vorschau. Benutze 100% für akkurate Darstellung von Details.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

15 minutes ago, NotMyFault said:

Der zoomlevel ist 17%

I'm curious how we can tell that.

Thanks.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

19 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I'm curious how we can tell that.

Export as graphic

The dialog displays a preview of what will be exported, which you can zoom and pan to inspect the effect of your choices. Resize the dialog to preview a larger area of your document at once.

Modifier keys

When previewing your export, the following modifier keys can be used to zoom in to areas of interest and view the results of different settings applied in the dialog:

• Hold the while scrolling (using a scroll wheel, if available) to zoom in and out of the preview.
  • Hold the while scrolling (using a scroll wheel, if available) to scroll left or right.
  • Press + to zoom in.
  • Press - to zoom out.
  • Press +1 to zoom to 100%.
  • Press +0 to zoom to fit.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

We have only one screenshot in your first post. To check what is going on we need the actual files (.afphoto and jpg).

Can you explain a bit more what you actually think is wrong. An exported file looking like the preview is what sounds correct in the first place, so I do don’t get it.

If you can’t upload here for privacy you can request a private Dropbox link from moderators.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

@NotMyFault I meant actually the preview I already uploaded... in the background you can see the "original" and in front of the pic the "preview" of how the jpg would look like before / or on the way to - exporting it... and when I export it (it doesn't matter if 17% or whatever is written there) it exactly looks like the preview. Not correct. looks like the grain or noise or whatever is overdone exported instead of slightly like in the original... hope that's more precise 😬

• Staff

Typically what not my fault has suggested is the case with issues like this and viewing the image at 100% zoom will show the noise at the same level as the exported image. If possible could you provide the affinity project file in question so I can look into this further?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

I attached here a zoom 100% jpg-export-preview + the normal design in the background... the same corner... both in 100% view...

to me it looks a bit as would there an internal sharpener go in action before exporting...

Bildschirm­foto 2023-06-01 um 11.48.55.png

There are multiple possible causes for this behavior. Again, without the actual file it is impossible to analyze.

• If you choose any resample method for export except bilinear it is expected (more general, if resample method in performance settings differs from export settings)
  • using layers with deviating DPI or fractional positions
  • using view quality other than „best / slowest“

The rendering in Photo can differ from export preview and export. Export preview and exported file must match (when inspected at 100%).

Try to merge visible and check if this differs from export.