You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2.0.4 Develop Full of Bugs

I've added presets under "basic" and "tones." When I apply these to RAW photos in "Develop" and then try to develop them, it often seems to reset or screw up some of the settings, resulting in a bad develop. Everything looks good, then the development goes bad. It seems like it's more likely to get messed up if I apply the presets and then make further adjustments.

Also, sometimes, but less often, the develop button just doesn't work...requiring me to cancel the development and start over.

Also, when saving a "basic" preset that includes a white balance adjustment, the slider will look like it was remembered correctly, but the white balance of the photo will be unchanged. If I type in the same white balance number, or move the slider a little and back again, the white balance then takes effect. This was also a bug in ver. 1, but the other two are new.

This all combines to be quite a mess...

I experimented for a while with the 4 RAW files I just uploaded and I think I figured out some things that are actually consistent:

If I load all 4 of these files, adjust them (I used the same preset on all), then develop them one by one from left to right, it seems to work. If I do the exact same thing, except I develop them one by one from right to left, the right most one will screw up, the middle two will be okay, and the left most one will screw up. This seems to be consistent.

Also found another little bug in this process: If you develop right to left and then close each file after developing, the right most document won't prompt you to save before closing, all the others will. If you develop left to right they will all prompt.

I'd probably have to spend a lot more time to see if there's more to all these bugs, but at this point it seems like at least for these developing bugs, the order of developing makes a difference. Of course I know I've developed a single RAW file before and had it screw up (once, and then the next time it didn't), so maybe there's more to it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Sorry for the delay, i'm not getting your issue here with your files developing either as pixel, embedded or linked.

Could you perhaps record a full screen video of your process so I can see your process exactly?

Lee

Okay, done. This video shows the two consistent bugs I mentioned in my April 14th post.

Summary: After 4 RAW photos are dragged into Affinity Photo, each are adjusted a bit (it doesn't matter how) and are then developed, right to left. The right most photo screws up, the next two are fine, and the left most also screws up. Then when closing them, they all prompt to save, but not the right most one.

And just my two cents: I really think Affinity 2 was very premature, especially considering the upgrade wasn't free. My experience on ver. 2 has been considerably worse so far; glaring old bugs not fixed, new worse bugs added, and while some nice new features appeared, they seemed thin for a major/paid release, especially considering many of the most popular basic feature requests weren't added. Still great software, but v. 2 has been very disappointing.

• Staff

Hi Nathan Shirley,

Thanks for the additional detail on this, i've been able to recreate this with your RAW files, but not others, so this may be limited to your camera model or Sony RAW files in general.

I've logged this as a bug to investigate.

Lee

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "Sony RAW files develop incorrectly when altered in sequence before committing the develop." (REF: AFP-6168) has been fixed by the developers in build "2.1.0.1799".

This fix is in the current customer release.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us