You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Macro installation

See the following Link references, which do pretty much tell all, also where to download ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Hi and thanks for your reply. I’ve been trying most of this afternoon going through the links you sent but have had no luck downloading the macros other than from Eric who’s has five free macros, I’m sure that is not the files I’m looking for.

When I go into. ‘Library’ and click on ‘ import macros’ I’m taken to where they should be on my laptop but of course they’re not there so I need to put them there but how?

I need an idiots guide to help me .

• Staff

Welcome to the Affinity Forums @Dinagirl,

If you open the following link, as provided above, the first product shown is "JR Astrophotography Macros v15", with a link to download these from Gumroad for free -

https://jamesritson.co.uk/resources.html

image.png

Please select this option and then follow the steps to download this file.

Once downloaded, you will have an .afmacros file, which can be installed within the Library Studio. Open the Library Studio and select Import Macros... from the burger (three lines) menu.

This will open a folder, where you need to navigate to the .afmarcos file (likely in your downloads folder) and select this to import them into Affinity.

You can find out more about using Macros in Affinity here -

I hope this helps!

Hi, thanks for your patience. I have followed the links and am getting no where. I’ve deleted the program and reinstalled it, the version is 2.0.4.1701. I’ve got it on my ssd external drive to save space on my laptop maybe that’s the reason things won’t work, I have followed the links but get no choice as to where to save the files, I have looked in my download folder, nothing. I download from the links given by Dan c but where it goes I don’t know. Is it because I have it on the external drive?

17 minutes ago, Dinagirl said:

I download from the links given by Dan c but where it goes I don’t know. Is it because I have it on the external drive?

Since you download usually via some Webbrowser (Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Safari) check inside your webbrowser where that one places the downloads (into which directory path) on your system. The webbrowser usually indicates where it downloads things to (which place on your system disks)!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Hi, fed up and totally peed off here. I opened the web browser ( Microsoft Edge) to see where downloads are put but even after clicking numerous times on the ‘free download gumroad,  there is nothing. I have put ‘0’ in every spot on various pages but when I click on ‘I want this’ I’m taken to a page that is asking form my email ! 
I tried to load it onto another laptop but the program will not let me unless I pay again. I seem to be going in circles here and it must be driving you all mad wondering what I’m doing and doing it wrong. All I can think of now is to give up and go back to another processing program.

1 hour ago, Dinagirl said:

I’m taken to a page that is asking form my email !

So give it your email.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hello everyone I have finally got the macro files onto my ssd external drive but when I open Affinity they do not show on the drive but when I close Affinity they show on the ssd drive so when I click on the ‘import macros’ on the left of the screen I cannot find them. So I looked at the download folder but nothing. I’m getting there very slowly, with your help and patience. What do I need to do? Please help.

17 minutes ago, Dinagirl said:

Hello everyone I have finally got the macro files onto my ssd external drive but when I open Affinity they do not show on the drive but when I close Affinity they show on the ssd drive so when I click on the ‘import macros’ on the left of the screen I cannot find them.

How did you looked on your disk drive after those? - What you downloaded is usually a compressed ZIP archive file, named --> "JR Astrophotography Macros V15.zip", so you will have first to extract it's contents, in order to be able afterwards to load in the "*.afmacros" files into APh.

astro-macros.jpg.8fa5556352dd42ff8ce4d8fbb144ed39.jpg

Hi, finally I think I’ve done it. What a convoluted way, would it be possible to have two  programs, one with macros and one without, if someone purchases it for Astrophotography then they would purchase the program with the macros. 
 Just a thought to save someone like me from going nuts!!! Of course it could be me as I seem pretty useless when it comes to this sort of thing. Anyway I can now get on learning the software. No doubt I’ll be here again when I get stuck. Thanks again for you help.

• 1 year later...