You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Create our own pre saved customizable FXs

I want a way where I can create my very own FXs using the fxs in the fx studio. I say this because I hate recreating the inputs to an fx everytime I start a new document or create a new object. What do I mean by this. Like, if I turn on Gaussian blur, set it to 10px, and want to apply this effect to several objects, I dont want to keep applying the gaussian blur with 10px for each object in the fx studio and do this whole 10px input thing.  Yes, you can copy and paste the style but what I want is in the fx studio I want to hit a "+" plus icon, select the gaussian blur effect, set it to 10 px, and then have that gaussian blur effect be an fx that I can turn on whenever in my fx panel. Maybe call it "gaussian blur 10px." So if I start a new document and create a shape, I could just go to my fx studio and turn on the gaussian blur 10px fx that I created and done. I dont have to turn on the original gaussian blur fx and set it to 10px. Theres already a pre saved customized "gaussian blur 10px" fx in the fx studio that I can turn on. Its kind of like styles but the thing with styles is that color is applied. I dont want color applied. I just want the fx applied. So maybe I could have gaussian blur 5px, gaussian blur 10px, gaussian blur 15px, and gaussian blur 20px ready to go in my fx studio that i can turn on. They are pre save customized fxs. I dont have to recreate these fxs. Its just a matter of simply turning them on to make life easy. 

I also wanted to create an outer glow fx but have its blend mode set to normal. I dont want the blend mode to be on screen. So I would like to create an outer glow fx with a normal blend mode, rename it to "Outer Normal", and then just turn it on whenever i need to. Theres no turning on outer glow, changing the blend mode to normal, and doing all these steps over and over again each time I want to apply this effect.  Its just a pre saved customized fx. I need this.

We can use the Styles panel to store the fx along with other things. So currently :

1. You have to make a duplicate of the object.
  2. Apply the Style "Outer Glow-Normal".
  3. Copy, or Cut that duplicated object.
  4. Select the original object.
  5. Paste the fx to the original object.
  6. Delete the duplicated object, if it was not Cut.

So, yes. I see the usefulness of this. A new Studio panel with Effects only.

We can use the Layers panel to drag and drop already applied fx but that requires the application of a Style to an object which most likely will then need to be deleted.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

There have also been requests to allow a Style to apply only the Stroke or only the Fill or only the Effects, if I remember correctly, rather than always applying all of them. 

Or, perhaps, that could be specified when creating the Style. 

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Would be nice to have a node interface where we could just build our own FX .      Maybe just  using 3d party  , Filter forge , Substance Designer   or whatever   and have it not be rasterized  instantly but rather  like live filter  or FX