You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo crashes very often

In the last few days I had many Photo crashes. It's quite hard to say what makes it crash as it happens randomly, sometimes I was working on a mask, and I think that quite a few times I was selecting color on the Color Wheel. It happens almost every time I use Photo, but a recovery file saved my work.

I have attached the two latest crash reports.

Thanks.

d12c473c-1c6c-4371-a833-1b7b133ebbd6.dmp 51e87122-5f83-49ce-bda9-e3621f6b49a0.dmp

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

I have the same problem as mentioned by AlainP in that Affinity Photo crashes several times during any one session, which to put it mildly is SO frustrating.  What is more is that any adjustments I make under preferences, or even the start-up options screen, do not register - they all revert to default settings every time Affiity Photo 2 is restarted.  This means that none of the recommended 'preferences' adjustments suggested have a chance to work as Affiinity Photo 2 defailts back to factory setting every time.

Any suggestions most welcome!

HA on or off doesn't change anything.

Speaking of falling back to default, it makes we wonder why when I open LUTs in a folder, save a file, and when I want to load LUTs again Photo goes to the folder I saved the file.... And when I say " makes me wonder " these are not the words that came to my mind first. 

But I still love Affinity apps anyway, so you're forgiven already.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 3/13/2023 at 9:00 AM, James Power said:

What is more is that any adjustments I make under preferences, or even the start-up options screen, do not register

If you've made changes in Settings/Preferences and the app crashes, these settings will not be saved. You will need to make the desired changes and then manually close the app down. They then should be retained.

As for the crashes, we can look at the crash reports but often it's helpful to get a recipe so that we can attempt to reproduce.

Hello, I use publisher V2 beta crush a lot, too. After I replace image then try to save then crush without saving.

I tried 

>>Do you have hardware acceleration on? If so try with it off. Edit->Settings->Performance

On and Off but didn't work.

• Staff

The issue "Crash on save with embedded document on Master Page" (REF: AFB-7558) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1742".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.