You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"transparent" background when exporting

First off, the version one didn't have a Preview option for PDFs. At least not on my version 1.10.6. Further to this is the fact that the Preview option does show the same checkerboard pattern for PNGs and TIFFs. Perhaps you are remembering exporting JPEGs which do not show transparency because they do not support it.

515440616_ScreenShot2023-02-13at9_34_16AM.png.d9f81e8c248474420cfc89aebb8293cf.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

7 hours ago, eluengo said:

Is there a way not to have the "checkerboard" background (transparent?) when exporting a document?

FWIW, the checkerboard background is not a part of the document itself. It is just how Affinity (& some but not all other graphics apps) indicate that there are transparent and/or semi-transparent parts of the document, so it will never be included in the exported version.

Since V1 did not have a built-in preview, if you checked the "Preview export when complete" option, that would open the exported file in another app afer export, for example Preview.app on Macs. Since at least some versions of that app do not show a checkerboard for transparent parts of the file, it won't show it. That is possibly why you thought V1 was different from V2 in this respect.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7