You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to participate in the Affinity Beta Software Program

• Staff

Affinity Beta Software Program

Access pre-release versions of Affinity and share your feedback with us.

Help make the next generation of Affinity the best yet! By taking part in our beta program, you can test out the latest in-development builds of the apps and let us know what you think.

How do I participate?

Please read this post on using the betas and these forums

Who can participate?
Our V2 beta program is available to anyone who owns and registers V2 of our applications.

For much more information, where you can sign up to participate, go here https://affinity.serif.com/affinity-beta-program/

Am I using the Latest Beta Build?

The latest beta is 2.4.0 (visible top right in My Account, and on the About... screen). New builds are announced here

Do I need to uninstall earlier 2.3.x betas?

You do not need to uninstall, and there is an autoupdate from 2.2.x beta or above to 2.4.0. You can just install over the top

Will it copy my 2.3 retail settings?

Yes, this functionality can be accessed using "Edit > Settings > Beta Program".

Are the Windows betas also available as unsandboxed MSI/EXE installs?

Windows betas available as sandboxed MSIX installers, and unsandboxed MSI/EXE. Either are downloadable from links in your account, but we do not support both being installed/run simultaneously, so please choose the one that suits you.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

There is NO possibility to import settings from the 2.0.x release

I just installed the latest beta release 2.1 (Affinity Photo for Windows) and there is no way to get the (2.0.4) settings copied to the beta version (2.1):

===Will I lose my 2.0 retail settings?

===No, on Desktop when you first run our 2.1 beta you will be asked if you want to import your settings from the 2.0.x release builds. If you say yes, all your settings are ===copied across to make the beta feel like your release build

What went wrong or what did I wrong?

• Staff
6 minutes ago, Volker H. said:

Perhaps you have had an earlier customer beta. I will look into this for you, the change may have missed this beta build

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

25 minutes ago, Volker H. said:

There is NO possibility to import settings from the 2.0.x release

I just installed the latest beta release 2.1 (Affinity Photo for Windows) and there is no way to get the (2.0.4) settings copied to the beta version (2.1):

===Will I lose my 2.0 retail settings?

===No, on Desktop when you first run our 2.1 beta you will be asked if you want to import your settings from the 2.0.x release builds. If you say yes, all your settings are ===copied across to make the beta feel like your release build

Same here on Mac with Designer, no prompt to copy the settings from retail (I've had a previous beta installed)

Would be nice to have a button in settings to do that.

• Staff

OK I think the option missed this beta. I will modify my post, thanks everyone

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

For Windows users are MSIX beta installers the only option? I don't see a Photo 2.1 MSI download at the link I received.

It's not a complaint -- I'm using the MSI retail version now (for consistency) but the sandboxed app actually worked OK for me. Just curious.

Thanks.

Len
Affinity Photo 2 | QCAD 3 | FastStone | SpyderX Pro | FOSS:  ART darktable  XnView  RawTherapee  Inkscape  G'MIC  LibreOffice
Windows 11 on a 16 GB, Ryzen 5700 8-core laptop with a cheesy little embedded AMD GPU

Canon T8i / 850D | Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM | Canon EF 70-200mm F4 L USM | Rikenon P 50mm f/1.7 | K&F Concept Nano-X filters
...desperately looking for landscapes in Nolandscapeland        https://www.flickr.com/photos/14015058@N07/

• Staff
28 minutes ago, lphilpot said:

For Windows users are MSIX beta installers the only option? I don't see a Photo 2.1 MSI download at the link I received.

It's not a complaint -- I'm using the MSI retail version now (for consistency) but the sandboxed app actually worked OK for me. Just curious.

Thanks.

The Windows 2.1.0.1706 betas are currently only available as sandboxed MSIX installers, but we are working on unsandboxed MSI/EXE equivalents also to be available later in the 2.1 beta process. Sorry for the delay in providing these. I have modified my post above.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

2 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

The Windows 2.1.0.1706 betas are currently only available as sandboxed MSIX installers, but we are working on unsandboxed MSI/EXE equivalents also to be available later in the 2.1 beta process. Sorry for the delay in providing these. I have modified my post above.

No problem... that'll definitely keep them separate!!  🙃

Thanks.

Len
Affinity Photo 2 | QCAD 3 | FastStone | SpyderX Pro | FOSS:  ART darktable  XnView  RawTherapee  Inkscape  G'MIC  LibreOffice
Windows 11 on a 16 GB, Ryzen 5700 8-core laptop with a cheesy little embedded AMD GPU

Canon T8i / 850D | Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM | Canon EF 70-200mm F4 L USM | Rikenon P 50mm f/1.7 | K&F Concept Nano-X filters
...desperately looking for landscapes in Nolandscapeland        https://www.flickr.com/photos/14015058@N07/