You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Preflight Errors Not Important

Please forgive me for posting this here but I was unable to post under "frequently asked questions". I was wondering if I can get by saving my Affinity file to PDF and uploading to KDP even with these preflight errors?

image.png.39d27bea774233a950e8eed3997d6cc8.png

I am content with how it looks but before I attempt to follow through with the process up uploading  I was wondering if I will actually have to correct these preflight errors before moving forward? Thanks in advance.

Non-proportional scaling is up to you so if you're happy with how all of your images look then ignore this warning. Obviously you wouldn't want to scale a photo of a person by 128.9% x 291.7% or it would look terrible. But perhaps the scaling is okay for the type of image used.

Bleed hazard means you've defined a bleed area for your document and have content that bleeds off the page but not to the edge of the bleed area. You chose that bleed area as what you require to ensure that page trimming doesn't result in a bit of white on the edge of the page, so this warning should be taken seriously. I've never used KDP, but it wouldn't have paper to trim so any amount of bleed will work. I think you can ignore this warning.

Cheers

2 hours ago, MikeTO said:

Non-proportional scaling is up to you so if you're happy with how all of your images look then ignore this warning. Obviously you wouldn't want to scale a photo of a person by 128.9% x 291.7% or it would look terrible. But perhaps the scaling is okay for the type of image used.

Bleed hazard means you've defined a bleed area for your document and have content that bleeds off the page but not to the edge of the bleed area. You chose that bleed area as what you require to ensure that page trimming doesn't result in a bit of white on the edge of the page, so this warning should be taken seriously. I've never used KDP, but it wouldn't have paper to trim so any amount of bleed will work. I think you can ignore this warning.

Cheers

awesome, thank you for the response.

To add to what MikeTO said above, you are in control of the export process.

If you don’t care about the warnings and/or errors then you can totally ignore them and export anyway, but it’s worth checking to see if any of them really are important before doing so – the software is trying to help you after all.

If you have specific Preflight needs that come up more than once you can create a new Preflight Profile telling the software what you want it to check, or not check.

Note: The Frequently Asked Questions section of the forums is for Serif staff posting only. You have posted your question in the correct section of the forums.

17 hours ago, MikeTO said:

Bleed hazard means you've defined a bleed area for your document and have content that bleeds off the page but not to the edge of the bleed area.

I have had this Bleed Hazard warning when I have something up to the edge of the page but not over it into the bleed area.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 3 months later...

I find the Bleed Hazard warning in preflight to be very silly:

If I have an image or a shape that I want to extend beyond the page, I have to let the shape extend beyond the bleed area. So why am I given a warning? The page data inside the bleed area should be included in the export to ensure the dieline doesn't end up without print.

"Intentional bleed" or whatever it might be called—should not trigger a Bleed Hazard warning.

1 hour ago, Gatada said:

I find the Bleed Hazard warning in preflight to be very silly:

You may get it for several reasons. Which one is causing it for you? 

Can you share a sample .afpub document where you think it shouldn't occur?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.5, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.5

• 2 months later...