You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

V2 doesn't uninstall the V1 files!

As I said above, V2 does not uninstall the previous versions.  I have grown accustomed to updates of most programs removing files that are no longer needed, i..e. previous installations, and am disappointed by what I regard as an oversight. I will have to perform the steps you omitted for each of the three upgrades I have installed, and carefully check the leftover files in hopes of NOT accidentally removing some file that V2 needs.  Is there any reason one would need or want to keep the V1 Affinity programs installed after installing V2?

9 hours ago, Cyranose said:

Is there any reason one would need or want to keep the V1 Affinity programs installed after installing V2?

One example is people who want to use the latest version of the software for their own personal projects but also need to have a document sharing capability with other people who have not, or cannot, or will not, upgrade to V2 (for whatever reason).

For instance, maybe they collaborate on a community newsletter which is passed around a group in Publisher V1 format but they also want to be able to access the new V2 functionality for their own professional work.

In this case, and probably many others, the automatic removal of the V1 software, would be a bad thing.
Even if they could re-install the V1 software their settings/assets/styles/brushes/etc. would have been reset/removed.

Not automatically removing the V1 software gives the user control over their software, rather than Serif forcing its own rules upon everyone.

2 minutes ago, Cyranose said:

That doesn't apply to me, though, and I would've appreciated the option on installation.

In the most general case that couldn't happen. They are completely unrelated applications, and no good OS security system would let application A uninstall application B or modify it in any way. That's how viruses and malware spread, which the system wants to avoid.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1