You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Artboard name: font

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dalejones said:

My artboard title font appears to be Latin. 

What OS do you use? (And yes, they're Greek, as suggested by John Rostron.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

27 minutes ago, piesniewski said:

.. and I'm using iPad Pro m1. 

Thanks. And what OS?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 4 months later...

I just want to bring this topic back up as I'm sure someone will have the same issue and it should be a simple fix that has yet to be posted.  Even after upgrading to version 2.1 on the same Windows 10 Pro PC I still have what appears to be the symbols font as a default somewhere as artboard titles and measurements still show as greek letters.  However, I've recently picked up a Lenovo Thinkpad running Windows 11 Pro and have loaded the version 2.1 Affinity suite on it and I do not have the same issue on that PC.  I've poked around in the new AppData folder for version 2.0+ checking XML files and the like trying to find anything that sticks out that controls the "system" font and have yet to find anything.  While this isn't a major issue it is annoying and I can't imagine that there isn't simple fix in either the AppData, Program Files, Windows settings or maybe even in the registery. 🤞

Screenshot 2023-06-26 082415.png

5 hours ago, dalejones said:

I just want to bring this topic back up as I'm sure someone will have the same issue and it should be a simple fix that has yet to be posted.  Even after upgrading to version 2.1 on the same Windows 10 Pro PC I still have what appears to be the symbols font as a default somewhere as artboard titles and measurements still show as greek letters.  However, I've recently picked up a Lenovo Thinkpad running Windows 11 Pro and have loaded the version 2.1 Affinity suite on it and I do not have the same issue on that PC.  I've poked around in the new AppData folder for version 2.0+ checking XML files and the like trying to find anything that sticks out that controls the "system" font and have yet to find anything.  While this isn't a major issue it is annoying and I can't imagine that there isn't simple fix in either the AppData, Program Files, Windows settings or maybe even in the registery. 🤞

Screenshot 2023-06-26 082415.png

This is definitely a bug (not "feedback").

So to get the attention this issue deserves, please post a new issue in the Windows Bugs forum.

Please include the correct text for an artboard name, and an image of what actually appears.
The text in your image above does appear to be the Symbol font (symbol.ttf).
That font is the same in both Win10 and Win11 (v5.01).
It is an old symbols font - not a Unicode font.
The code points are all up in the PUA area and do not match normal text.
So it makes no sense that it appears in a text area.

The only thing I can think of is if the glyph IDs match for some odd reason.
Which is why I want to compare the correct text to the image.

Or perhaps a font cache corruption is pointing to the wrong font file.
But even that makes no sense as the code points are wrong.

Please post your reply/this issue in the Windows bugs forum.