You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I cannot activate my License

Jung

I putmy Affinity ID and password, but it keeps asking me to 'Please try again in a moment'. I am not able to login since four days ago. The internet is connected, and I also tried launching the app as admin, but no luck. Any suggestion?

image.png.2130bd48329af13a069e77c225d68437.png

If you have any of the other V2 apps running, close them and see if it works then.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/25/2022 at 3:38 PM, walt.farrell said:

If you have any of the other V2 apps running, close them and see if it works then.

That worked... but I wasted 30 minutes getting to this point. Seriously, with a suite of 3 programs, it's surprising the developers couldn't imagine this situation wouldn't be a common occurrence. In my case, the "Please try again in a moment" was the only feedback I received. I sure hope Serif fixes this... or at least provides a better error message.

• 6 months later...
On 12/25/2022 at 10:38 PM, walt.farrell said:

I did this, and now I have to activate Affinity Photo again, which I can't unless I close Designer. After Activating Photo again, I have to activate Designer again and close Photo to do that.....and.so.on.

Looks like I can only have one of these apps activated at a time.

Seriously, Serif?!

1 hour ago, flyingcarrot said:

Seriously, Serif?!

Do you really think, that this is standard apps behavior? How would "Edit in..." commands and Person sharing via StudioLink work without registering all applications?

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

2 hours ago, flyingcarrot said:

I did this, and now I have to activate Affinity Photo again, which I can't unless I close Designer. After Activating Photo again, I have to activate Designer again and close Photo to do that.....and.so.on.

Seriously, Serif?!

That sounds like you have a mixture of applications, where one was installed using the MSIX installer and one was installed using the EXE installer. You can't do that. They must all be installed using the same kind of installer; all using the MSIX installer or all using the EXE installer. 

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Hello,

I solved this issue deleting the old affinity folder in Roaming Files on windows.

The path is: "C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Affinity

I moved the folder to desktop

I reinstalled the Affinity software and when asked me the login works without error.

Finally the folder that i moved to desktop called "Affinity" i deleted.

I hope this can be useful.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/28/2023 at 1:07 PM, walt.farrell said:

That sounds like you have a mixture of applications, where one was installed using the MSIX installer and one was installed using the EXE installer. You can't do that. They must all be installed using the same kind of installer; all using the MSIX installer or all using the EXE installer. 

Thanks. That did solve the problem. I really don't understand why Serif offers two different installers that can lead to anannoying issue like this 🙄

2 minutes ago, flyingcarrot said:

I really don't understand why Serif offers two different installers that can lead to anannoying issue like this

At the beginning of V2 rollout, they offered only MSIX as a safer, simpler, more modern and more reliable approach. Many users complained, due to complications (many, but not all, from 3rd-party applications) that Serif had not considered adequately, so Serif relented and also offered the EXE-based installers again. So now there are two.

-- Walt
PC:

• 6 months later...
On 12/25/2022 at 9:02 PM, Jung said:

I putmy Affinity ID and password, but it keeps asking me to 'Please try again in a moment'. I am not able to login since four days ago. The internet is connected, and I also tried launching the app as admin, but no luck. Any suggestion?

image.png.2130bd48329af13a069e77c225d68437.png

In case anyone finds it helpful: I just experienced the same thing on Windows 11 with V 2.4, after using it for weeks - which is to say I was already logged in so it shouldn't even be asking.

Anyway, it turns out that a stalled instance of Affinity Photo was running in the background. Opening Task Manager and killing the AF instance with End Task, was all I needed to do for the suite to work correctly again.