You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity photo v2.0.3 - White Balance adjustment doesn't work.

Welcome to the forums @marco40,

Hum, the only bug I'm aware of is with the Spin field (numbers) not responding to the arrows or mouse-wheel scroll.

Are you developing a RAW or non-RAW image? Your screenshots appear to be of non-raw. The WB Temperature in the Develop Persona for RAW are listed in Kelvin, not Percentages.

Just checked and yes there is a bug when developing non-raw. The WB Temp adjustment does not show any changes. However if you move another slider, like the Exposure, you'll see the WB has changed. Also if you develop the image, in the Photo Persona you'll see the WB has changed.

I think Serif is aware of this.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

2 hours ago, Ron P. said:

Just checked and yes there is a bug when developing non-raw. The WB Temp adjustment does not show any changes. However if you move another slider, like the Exposure, you'll see the WB has changed.

FWIW, on my Mac running 2.0.3, the moment I touch either WB slider in the Develop Persona for non-raw files like JPEGs, I get an immediate crash. It also crashes even if I just click on the round 'reset' arrow in the WB section.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

4 hours ago, R C-R said:

FWIW, on my Mac running 2.0.3, the moment I touch either WB slider in the Develop Persona for non-raw files like JPEGs, I get an immediate crash. It also crashes even if I just click on the round 'reset' arrow in the WB section.

Same here. Very frustrating. Going to have to power up my old Windows computer and use Photoshop.

20 minutes ago, Judy K said:

Same here.

It looks like there is already a bug report for that at https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/177018-develop-persona-👉🏼-white-balance-crash/

Supposedly, it will be fixed in the next release.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I've had the same issue on Windows after using New Focus Merge on RAW files and then going into Develop.  The White Balance sliders don't update the view although if you toggle off/on it will then show the effect. This feature worked okay in 2.0 so just the recent upgrade.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Sorry that you have experienced this problem with the 2.0.3 release of the Affinity Suite. 

We have now released 2.0.4 on all platforms, and using that build this problem no longer occurs.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 1 month later...

I am using Affinity Photo 2 version 2.0.4 on a Windows 10 64bit PC and some of the the White Balance problem described  above is still present.  I am using Raw, not JPEG images.

The Tint control is fine: it moves one step at a time using the mouse wheel, or the keyboard arrows, or the little arrows in the White Balance panel itself.

But the Temperature control does not respond to any of those controls.  Nor does it respond if I type in my own figure; it just returns to the 'in camera' figure.  The image on the screen does not change at all at any time unless I use the rather imprecise slider control.

I hope that a better fix will be coming soon!

(NB my problem is with the actual White Balance control, not with crashing!)

Edited by Jonem
Original not precise enough.

Hi Jonem, I can confirm that I can replicate most of your problem with the same setup. I've always used the rather imprecise slider to set my WB (so hadn't noticed that the mouse wheel adjust didn't register) but I can still type in the absolute value and when I hit return it stays in place rather than reverting to the in camera figure.  Hope this helps a little. Cheers, Paul.

Thanks, PaulHa. 

You have the answer to that part of the problem as I described it!

Deleting the (eg) '5025 k' in its entirety and typing in (eg) '6000', then hitting the return key results in '6000 k' appearing in the little text box and the adjustment holds.  If you keep the 'k' and just replace the '5025' with '6000' it does not work - that is what I had been doing.)

Obviously, fixing the other problems, with the mouse wheel and direction arrows, will have to be dealt with in a future release of the software.

Thanks again!  John.

• Staff

The issue "Unable to scroll or use the arrows on the White Balance field in Develop Persona" (REF: AFP-5659) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1720".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release (this build is not yet available).
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon