You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello Team,

New question for you all.

I am doing some still life photos and am trying to find the best way to enable tethering so that I can immediately view the pictures on my computer rather than the LCD.

I am shooting with a Fuji X-T3 and Macbook Air.  On their website they suggest a few options and I have downloaded Fujifilm X Acquire.  This is working in the sense that it immediately sends the Raw file to a folder on my computer.  The problem is that I want an interface where I can immediately view the photo and see basic metadata, histogram, etc.

Does anyone tether using Affinity Photo?  I tried to link it all together and there is some issue.  

If not Affinity, is there any other recommended software for tethered shooting?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Tethering is not supported. I'm not sure what other app to suggest.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

@RichardMH

Phocus will tether Hassleblads. And only them.

@CharlesG, did any software come with the Fuji? My Canon has software from Canon which will allow tethered shooting. Free for Canon owners and only works with Canon cameras.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

@CharlesG See here:

Capture One Pro FujiFilm will probably offer what you're after. - APh itself doesn't offer this feature!

This is working in the sense that it immediately sends the Raw file to a folder on my computer.  The problem is that I want an interface where I can immediately view the photo and see basic metadata, histogram, etc.

You should be able - with the help of some auxiliary tools - to monitor that folder and as far as a new RAW-file appears there, then let it open in some app which supports your cam raw files and so in turn let you (pre)view the taken image and it's metadata.

For monitoring and performing some action then see for example ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 3 weeks later...

I know its not tethered but my workaround with Affinity 1 and my Canon R5 is tether in DPP and then access the folder where the files are saved with Affinity. I can live view with DPP. Its a bit slower but it works for me. I import the shots into Affinity and process as normal. I dont like DPP as an editor. I am getting out of PS and LR as I dont like the subscription thingy. I already have Affinity 1 so thats good enough for me. It even reads my Canon CR3 files.

Hope this helps someone.

Kerro

CharlesG

I dont know if it will be use to you but I just downloaded a free program called digiCamControl. It has live view and saves to a folder that I can access with my file manager.

It doesnt appear to like my CR3 files but I can get around that by uploading to Affinity 1. 

Hope this helps. It may read your format files to preview. Just google digiCamControl.

Kerro

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, PhotoCat said:

You can use ADOBE Lightroom classic or Capture One Pro to tether.

Yes, sure! 
But if I would be on Adobe or C1 I probably would not need / not use Affinity to color grade the pics for live previewing. Therefore my research was how do it with Affinity.

17 hours ago, PA1NT said:

Yes, sure! 
But if I would be on Adobe or C1 I probably would not need / not use Affinity to color grade the pics for live previewing. Therefore my research was how do it with Affinity.

I'm using PA1NT's technique with EOS utility 2 to shoot and open straight up photo - it works great for my needs 

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.4.3 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.3, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.4.0 Betas 2.5.0(2430)

www.bingercreative.co.uk