You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some wishes for V2 of the apps :)

Hey all :)

Just to let the devs know what I feel like are some great additions from V2 going forward. Some of these might have already been posted or maybe even implemented at this point, yet I am unable to find. But who knows. Here goes :D 

General

• Launcher App: An app from where you can start the apps but also update them. If new apps are released (if ever) they can be added here too and from this app you can then go and get a better overview. For examples see Articulate 360 launcher app or the launcher app from the company that shall not be mentioned.

Affinity Photo

• AI Object seperation: Some AI related tools that help you seperate object/background in one click. I have seen this implemented in other tools (Photoshop, On1 Photo RAW) and while not perfect you can always refine the selection. 
  • RAW Engine Improvements: The RAW Engine of V2.0 is already tons better than the one of V1, especially on the highlights but I'd say keep improving :) 

Affinity Designer

• UI/UX tools: I feel like there is a golden opportunity laying here now that the company who shall not be mentioned bought Figma. Affinity Designer feels like the best place for this. 
  • Resize document: Resize document in such a way it adds space to the existing document that is currently open. This might be possible already but it feels natural when designing webpages to start with the header and then move down.  (edit)
  • Tools for making graphs/charts: Like in illustrator. Add the data to a sheet from which it can build a graph/chart. Great for infographic designers I'd say. 
  • 3d Extrude: Might be useful for tons of applications :D Yes even for piecharts. 

Thanks for building such great apps and I am enjoying the V2's a ton. A lot of the ideas I posted could even be spread across the other apps but I just felt it was more natural in the way I posted it here. 

Screenshot_2022-12-11-10-21-36-626_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.686e33aae47c8aff0a624ac2b57fd5de.jpg

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

1 minute ago, RNKLN said:

While you're creating your 20 separate entries, isn't this what you're looking for with regard to resizing a document?

image.png.9f748ee2f65f7776f0ca1e1bf62c42f9.png

Thanks so much! Yes exactly that and I have no idea how I have missed this lol. 

but as I said.

"Some of these might have already been posted or maybe even implemented at this point, yet I am unable to find. But who knows. Here goes"

Thanks so much again :3 19 entries to go! :D

Many of us see the affinity apps as a work in progress. The RAW engine is a bit of a weakness. I have mixed feelings about the AI masking tools. I'm in a photography club that has regular editing "competitions" (for fun and education not prizes) and for anything complex I can often do better than those with more AI based masking. For simple things they are a bit faster. But anything important we are all faffing around with halos etc. Topaz seem to have stopped developing Mask AI and I found Affinity better. They do have something good happening with the AI masking in Photo AI though.

1 hour ago, MaartenTummers said:

Some of these might have already been posted or maybe even implemented at this point, yet I am unable to find.

And isn't it better to first try to search the forum, or ask if the required functions have not already been implemented long ago (for example, by asking in the Questions forum)? Likewise, search the forum (in accordance with the forum rules), if similar/same requests have not existed for a long time? For example

https://www.google.com/search?q=UI/UX+tools+site:forum.affinity.serif.com

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

58 minutes ago, Pšenda said:

And isn't it better to first try to search the forum, or ask if the required functions have not already been implemented long ago (for example, by asking in the Questions forum)? Likewise, search the forum (in accordance with the forum rules), if similar/same requests have not existed for a long time? For example

https://www.google.com/search?q=UI/UX+tools+site:forum.affinity.serif.com

Yes and no imo. First link per example is one with no replies or traction from 2021 for v1. I did check some and tried the first couple of pages of the v2 board before I made my post. The point obviously is not just to make my opinions known but also to bring stuff to affinitys attention. These topics are untouched in the v2 board (did check the first couple of pages) and Googles results are 0 traction old posts for v1. 

Srr for breaking the rules. Mods can close this topic if they want :)

1 hour ago, RichardMH said:

Many of us see the affinity apps as a work in progress. The RAW engine is a bit of a weakness. I have mixed feelings about the AI masking tools. I'm in a photography club that has regular editing "competitions" (for fun and education not prizes) and for anything complex I can often do better than those with more AI based masking. For simple things they are a bit faster. But anything important we are all faffing around with halos etc. Topaz seem to have stopped developing Mask AI and I found Affinity better. They do have something good happening with the AI masking in Photo AI though.

Yeah fair. Hence the suggestions:)