You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Display problem and photo export with Affinity 2

Hello
Since the installation of Affinity Photo I have display problems when I open a photo I have white squares or grey which appear on the opened photo and when I export in jpeg format these squares are present on the exported photo.

My Configuration is :

Processor : I9 12900

Graphic Card : Nvidia RTX 3070 TI

Ram : 32 Gb

PETIT_DEJ_003.jpg

I would suggest checking the Preferences in Photo 2, and in Performance see if you have Hardware Acceleration (OpenCL) enabled. If it is, disable it, restart Photo, and see if that resolves the problem.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

I would suggest checking the Preferences in Photo 2, and in Performance see if you have Hardware Acceleration (OpenCL) enabled. If it is, disable it, restart Photo, and see if that resolves the problem.

Hi Walt 

thanks before for your reply, the Hardware Acceleration is inabled as you can see in the screen capture below

Preferences_affinity_performance.png

37 minutes ago, kamelus said:

thanks before for your reply, the Hardware Acceleration is inabled as you can see in the screen capture below

You're welcome. Did disabling it fix the problem?

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

12 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

You're welcome. Did disabling it fix the problem?

Yes i did

Am  very disappointed because i have bought a new laptop hoping that Affinity treatement will be faster and am discovering that it's not the case sometimes when i disable a layer it takes time to refresh the display, don't know why

2 hours ago, kamelus said:

Am  very disappointed because i have bought a new laptop hoping that Affinity treatement will be faster

Well, if disabling Hardware Acceleration resolved the problem, that could indicate that your GPU drivers need an update. So that's where I would start.

(On the other hand, it is possible that the Affinity apps have an error in how they're using OpenCL. But we've seen many cases where it is the GPU drivers at fault.)

-- Walt
PC:

5 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Well, if disabling Hardware Acceleration resolved the problem, that could indicate that your GPU drivers need an update. So that's where I would start.

(On the other hand, it is possible that the Affinity apps have an error in how they're using OpenCL. But we've seen many cases where it is the GPU drivers at fault.)

Hi Walt

Disabling or enabling Hardware don't resolve the problem i have similar issues in both of cases

But my feedback after many days using the Affinity photo V2 is that this version is too slow and sometimes Affinity Freeze , when i try to export the preview take too muche time in the form

Well at this moment am little bit confused

21 minutes ago, kamelus said:

Disabling or enabling Hardware don't resolve the problem i have similar issues in both of cases

Sorry. I asked earlier if disabling it solved the problem, and you said it did.

-- Walt
PC:

Hi

In addition to this problem today i was working on a photo i took a blank square appears in my picture AFFINITY2_photo_blank_square.png.dacc1590405ccd51f7a047236f4f8dce.png

and also in the Export preview

AFFINITY2_EXPORT_blank_square.png.56445194b42a07c81186ac40d9a971da.png

I tried many things , closing opening , many times impossible to delete this square , my orginial afphoto file has been damaged fortunately i had a backup 

it's not happen automatically , it's not comfortable to work with tool not working well

If the serif team don't find a solution to resolve the many bugs described in this forum i think that i will have to change the software 

Hello, @kamelus, is it possible to see an Affinity file with images recreating this phenomenon?The idea is to see if this malfunction is always reproducible or if it is due to a hardware or software configuration.

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Mais je vous le demande, peut-on imaginer une police sans sérifs ?

24 minutes ago, Pyanepsion said:

Hello, @kamelus, is it possible to see an Affinity file with the images recreating this phenomenon?The idea is to see if this malfunction is always reproducible or if it is due to a hardware or software configuration.

Agreed if the corruption doesn't happen on a different machine that would point to hardware issues, not Affinity Issues.

Nice picture barring the sky scars (jet trails)

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

On 12/6/2022 at 8:06 PM, kamelus said:

My apologies Walt it's a misunderstanding from my side  but what i can tell is that the V2 has a strange beahavior and is too slow !!!

V2.0.3 has been released as beta.

You may want to try that to see if it fixes the problem and is faster (They fixed a problem with Raw files opening slower than V1)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

6 hours ago, Pyanepsion said:

Hello, @kamelus, is it possible to see an Affinity file with images recreating this phenomenon?The idea is to see if this malfunction is always reproducible or if it is due to a hardware or software configuration.

Hi @Pyanepsion the problem is that this issue don't happened all the time for example the file i worked on yesterday and posted on my previous message , i had this problem the first time , after i recover a backup of this file and the issue don't happened after . it's a random phnomen 

5 hours ago, carl123 said:

V2.0.3 has been released as beta.

You may want to try that to see if it fixes the problem and is faster (They fixed a problem with Raw files opening slower than V1)

Hi Carl am not sure to want trying a beta when i see what happened on a released version but thanks for the information. at this time no one from serif posted an answer to the differents problems on this forum it's very curious for me 

8 minutes ago, kamelus said:

Hi Carl am not sure to want trying a beta when i see what happened on a released version but thanks for the information. at this time no one from serif posted an answer to the differents problems on this forum it's very curious for me 

V2.0.3 is a bug fix beta - no new features

Serif states...

"We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the release version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below".

When they release betas which have new features then they usually warn you against using that specific beta for your daily production work (just test it)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

11 minutes ago, carl123 said:

V2.0.3 is a bug fix beta - no new features

Serif states...

"We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the release version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below".

When they release betas which have new features then they usually warn you against using that specific beta for your daily production work (just test it)

Thanks Carl where is the link for this Beta may be i can try 

6 minutes ago, kamelus said:

Thanks Carl where is the link for this Beta may be i can try 

It installs separately to you current V2 retail version, so you will have a new icon for it identifying it as a beta