You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF Export issue/bug in windows

Which application and version are you using for the export?

If it's Designer, can you provide the original .afdesign file for us to examine? Can you show us the Export settings you used?

What are the fonts you're using that have the problem?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Im not having any issue with fonts on my pc, nor with 5 other graphic programs on the same PC. Only Affinity products.

File was created in Affinity Photo V 2.0.0, saved as a .pdf 1.7 ( Acrobat 8 )

Same PC, same fonts (Arial),  I even tried to recreate the file in Designer and guess what.....same issue as photo has.

Ad with Cody.afphoto

Your file is quite large. At what size will it be printed?

I resized it at a max of 24 inch (was 60) , then "rasterize and trim. It printed correctly.

Ad with Cody.pdf

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

That image will be 65.75inches x 46 inches and placed on a wall in a gym. Thats small for me as I do a lot of 4ftx 8ft, up to 10ft x 30ft billboards, as well as vehicle wraps which end up about 15ft long x 7ft tall each side.... and 98% of the time is done in vectors to prevent pixelization or high dpi rasters . So yes my files can get large.

Your file exported fine for me using the Digital HQ preset, I didn't change anything. I am on a Mac Pro late 2013 and your file took a lot longer to export than the one I changed.

Original.png.ea96b55d7756ce883bb0e85237581503.png

I took off the fx from the text and exported it as Press ready and Digital High Quality without changing any of the settings in the presets and the text is fine.

When I removed the fx stroke for the text I replaced it with a stroke aligned to the outside (I know I got the colours wrong). Accessible via the Character Panel. Oh, and I moved the blue line behind the owners names.

Mine.png.7885ba85465317112adac068991ca206.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

10 x 30 ft at 300 dpi will make your computer hot !

A poster seen form a 6 ft distance should be fine at 100-150 dpi. Here is a link for suggested dpi/distance .

Ad with Cody-original.pdf

-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

"Cody & Kelley Fielding" layer has to be moved upward to put it in front.

-- Macbook Air 15"

3 minutes ago, AlainP said:

10 x 30 ft at 300 dpi will make your computer hot !

A poster seen form a 6 ft distance should be fine at 100-150 dpi. Here is a link for suggested dpi/distance .

Ad with Cody-original.pdf 47.73 MB · 0 downloads

I didnt say EVERY image would be 300dpi. As a 10yr old sign shop, Im familiar with dpi and distance. I run a very high end gaming PC for running my shop.

3 minutes ago, Calvert said:

I need someone to test it on a PC. Mac is also useless for me as well as Nobody makes Mac complaint software to run the printers, and cutters, and other equipment.

Look at my signature under my post.

-- Macbook Air 15"

I am going to suggest that the problem might be the Angleface font somehow messing things up. I don't have and neither does LondonSquirrel, while @AlainP doesn't say if he does or doesn't have it on his Windows computer. 

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

The only item that is Angelface is their names. Which save fine on my end. Its the Arial font that is messed up.

Screenshot 2022-11-30 150629.jpg

So, just to diagnose it further, I removed Angelface completely, saved it with aerial font only and the issue is still there. So, its not related to Angelface.

Screenshot 2022-11-30 153442.jpg

Then try my advice turned on its head, perhaps it is your copy of Arial that is corrupted.

4 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

perhaps it is your copy of Arial that is corrupted.

Or, perhaps, something in their Windows Font Cache?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Windows wont let me remove the font arial since it is a protected windows font. Arial shows and saves fine in 100% of my Adobe Cloud programs, Flexisign, Inkscape, Word, Corel, and SignLab. There is something else going on here.

Another weird issue that happens during saving pdf in Affinity Design, is spaces between text disappear and lines shift... nothing is staying put either.