You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bleed not shown when added after document creation

When bleed is added to a document after it's creation, it's not displayed correctly (before someone asks: yes, I have selected "view bleed").

1 -- This method works:
a) create new document
b) enter bleed value while creating the document
c) result: the bleed area is visible, when content is moved into the bleed area, it's displayed

2 -- This does NOT work 🙂
a) create a new document without bleed
b) add bleed through "document settings --> bleed" after the document has been created
c) the bleed area is shown (blue lines), but the content stops at the artboard frame, even when pushed into the bleed area

This is purely a display issue, output to PDF is fine.

image.thumb.png.b6ebb37503cf789594273e0f748b267a.png

2 hours ago, Jens Krebs said:

the bleed area is shown (blue lines), but the content stops at the artboard frame,

It's not because of when you created the bleed. It's because in the 2nd case you have an Artboard. Objects in the Bleed area of an Artboard do not show; they only show on the Artboard. Or entirely off the Artboard.

Long-time bug from V1, still not fixed.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I still do not understand why Serif neglects bleed. In publisher, it's a disaster! Sometimes the bleed shows up till the edge of the bleed line, other times it's clipped to artboard, and sometimes it shows the whole image that you move, even outside the bleed area.. Then toggling bleed on off messes up everything, as there are now only 2 versions instead of the 3 I mentioned above. Also, don't get me started on exporting the bleed, in some cases the bleed is just white, even tho you have content in it.

Don't understand why is it so hard to make an option for content clip to: 1. artboard only 2. ab+bleed area 3. no clip, see the whole mess wherever you put it.

5 minutes ago, norbinw said:

In publisher, it's a disaster!

Having Artboards in Publisher is something of an unusual case, though certainly possible. But it will be impacted by this issue:

• If you have Pages, you cannot have Artboards, and the Bleed will work.
  • If you have Artboards, you cannot have Pages and the Bleed will not work properly.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 weeks later...