You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How new quick grid works

Make your desired shape (circle, quad, star, whatever), don't release the mouse button and now with the cursor keys, you can add rows and columns. The disadvantage of tis is if you want to draw a regular circle or square, you have to hold shift too. It means, you must use the right shift to reach your cursor keys, which is quite unusual. Also (and the guy in the video didn't mention it), if you hold the arrow keys (not just hit them), you can change the spacing of created objects.

Huge thanks.indeed if i want keep them square/circle (or other shapes similar way). even its bit painful i get it working

luckily i have shift also close arrow keys otherways is next impossible (at least my relative small hands) but even with then is painful. only bad thing when set distance is not easy get exact values same for shape size if i do such thing. but still helps some cases but not ones where size and distance needed exactly.
but these others can be done with power duplicate. somecases only what thing looks means something not numerical values.

this mouse release is my mistake you found it.

2 hours ago, Outliers.ark said:

hi,

Has anyone managed to use Quick Grid on iPad?

Thank you

Wouldn't it be better to ask that in the iPad Questions section of the forums? It would be more likely to get relevant answers.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 9 months later...
49 minutes ago, Bitszi said:

when I try to use the quick grid in my windows in AD1, i

Quick Grids are a new function in V2. You won't find them in V1.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1