You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

delete button and Text tools

Delete button (trash can): 3-finger swipe down, or 1-finger long press in the workspace.

Tracking/Kerning: I'm unable to find them except within Text Styles. Something may be broken here.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Yes...but trash can on the screen like in v1 is somewhat convenient..

it would be great if someone makes a video about how Kerning/tracking works in this.. it's harder to find...

And the overall ui is good..but the selected buttons appears only a bit slightly darker than the unselected ones... Couldn't differentiate which one is selected...it would nice if selected buttons get highlighted in a blue or some other colour..

On 11/9/2022 at 10:31 PM, Smnavven96 said:

Yes...but trash can on the screen like in v1 is somewhat convenient..

it would be great if someone makes a video about how Kerning/tracking works in this.. it's harder to find...

And the overall ui is good..but the selected buttons appears only a bit slightly darker than the unselected ones... Couldn't differentiate which one is selected...it would nice if selected buttons get highlighted in a blue or some other colour..

hi,

I think I may be on the right track here.

Kerning / Tracking are moved within the Text > Justification and Flow. There you can play with word and characters spacing. Names are changed to MINIMUM / DESIRED / MAXIMUM

Hope it helps.

IMG_89A90BD9D19C-1.jpeg

IMG_89A90BD9D19C-2.jpeg

4 hours ago, Outliers.ark said:

I think I may be on the right track here.

Kerning / Tracking are moved within the Text > Justification and Flow. There you can play with word and characters spacing. Names are changed to MINIMUM / DESIRED / MAXIMUM

Thanks. Those are somewhat similar functions, but different and not what is being discussed.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Actually i found it.. it is there on the top row you see  BOLD ITALICS UNDERLINE and CROSS..  B I U S > character > positioning

There you see those kerning and tracking option..

and in ipad 9th gen… V2 getting crash very often.. that too in very small file.. so i use V1 to finish those works..

will this be fixed anytime soon?

2 hours ago, Smnavven96 said:

Actually i found it.. it is there on the top row you see  BOLD ITALICS UNDERLINE and CROSS..  B I U S > character > positioning

There you see those kerning and tracking option..

Sorry; I still don't see tracking or kerning there. Can you show a screenshot with them highlighted?

-- Walt
PC:

I also miss the delete icon from V1. If you clean up vector data created from 3D files, then there are hundreds of lines that have to be deleted. The V2 is no longer usable for this. Finally there is a cut tool, now there is no longer a reasonable delete function. Too bad.