You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Correct installation of version 2

I have two Apps from the App Store, and one from the Affinity Store. I thought about where to buy the Universal License, in the App Store or the Affinity Store. It doesn't matter in the end, price-wise it makes no difference. I decided to use the Affinity Store, even though it is more difficult to install.

Now the question: How do I install the purchased Universal License on macOS correctly?

Do I start the installation as upgrade? How to do it right, in my situation?

• Staff

Hi Termuse,

You should find .DMG files for the V2 apps in V2 licence & downloads section of your account on our website after hitting the view licence button. Alternatively you can download the V2 apps from the Mac App Store and then log into your Affinity account when prompted to activate your licence.
You can read more about this process here: https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/learn/in-app-licence-activation/

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

49 minutes ago, tersmuse said:

I know I have already downloaded the apps from Serif (not the App Store). I now ask myself what to do next. Uninstall the version 1? Start an upgrade? What is the best way? I think I need to delete the old versions, right?

On Windows  its a new version not an umgrade.  The  V2 installs beside V1  Though it does ask if youy want recourses copied across.

www.JAmedia.uk  and www.TamworthHeritage.org.uk
[Win 11  | AMD Ryzen 5950X 16 Core CPU | 128GB Ram | NVIDIA 3080TI 12GB ]
[MB ASUS ProArt B550| C Drive:; 1TB M2 980 Pro | D Drive; 2TB M2 970 EVO ]

1 hour ago, tersmuse said:

I think I need to delete the old versions, right?

Start by installing the new versions along-side the old ones. They are unrelated, and will not interfere with each other.

Additionally, the V2 applications will attempt to import content from the V1 applications (assets, brushes, styles, etc.) but they can only do that if you have not deleted the old apps.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 hours ago, tersmuse said:

think I need to delete the old versions, right

Only if you’re really short on space (in which case you’ve got bigger problems to deal with). 

I did the installs earlier this afternoon. The install from each downloaded Serif Store DMG files is simply a drag’n’drop to your Applications folder type of install.  It couldn’t be easier!

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.4.n release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release

• 2 weeks later...