You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher: Place multiple page PDF?

In Affinity you can open a multi page PDF and manipulate the contents of the PDF.

But is there anyway to place a Multi page PDF and then use the master pages to fiddle with the positioning of the placed pages (so they are all affected in one go)?

For example: If I wanted to move all the pages 5mm to the right, I could create a picture frame on a master page, and then place my multiple page PDF so every page is automatically placed on the picture frame of a master page. Similar to how Affinity automatically adds extra pages when you place text via a master page text frame. 

After researching this, I think the answer is no. But I thought I would post anyway, just in case anyone has a clever work around!

Hi @big smile

20 hours ago, big smile said:

But is there anyway to place a Multi page PDF and then use the master pages to fiddle with the positioning of the placed pages (so they are all affected in one go)?

I think it can be done. I have attached 3 files. "4 page document.afpub" was used to create the "4 page document.pdf" file. A new document was created "NEW DOCUMENT.....afpub. This has a Master Page A and also a Master Page B which is inside Master Page A. The PDF file "4 page document.pdf" is placed on Master Page B. All pages are tagged with Master Page A. Go to Page 2 and use the Layers panel to right Click on Master B, change to Edit Detach, then click on "4 page document.pdf" to change the page number to page 2. Repeat for the other pages. The original PDF on Master B can then be moved and scaled and this will change the 4 pages in the document. It's a bit fiddly but not too bad.

NEW DOCUMENT WITH PDF ON MASTER B.afpub 4 page document.pdf 4 page document.afpub

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM