You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Randomly, the document starts to self-destruct with whole arrays of the photo that do not load.

EDIT:

* The format i was editing is TIFF16 with LZW compression. Is not a DNG or RAW.

While editing a photo, everything is fine but they stop appearing when I zoom in and out, move or apply a brush to areas of the image.

However, they remain recognisable by affinity for automatic tracing and adjustments, they are simply not displayed on the screen.

When the document is exported, the destruction is still there.

If I convert to .psd and open in Phtoshop it comes out fine.

i5 12th with 16 GB RAM and Intel Xe 98 CE using graphics accelerator.

Latest DHC drivers. Windows 11.

When you export, the data gargabe still there.

00000053.jpg.d0b546be398eb7a82c645532e432a11e.jpg

But if you export from PSD and later in photoshop you export to PNG the file it's fine

00000050.jpg.b94bb0b67ef495718650b12b744306dd.jpg

This is a representantion of what happend during the edit, just zooming and panning creates the issue.

image.thumb.png.e6957619e394d084c81d3a10caa0ebe7.png

Edited by peseoane
add format type

1 hour ago, PeteMacca said:

Try turning OFF Hardware Acceleration.

> Edit > Preferences> Performance 

Thank you! But, this is not a "aceptable" solution. Let me explain :)

I paid for Affinity because unlike other alternatives it promises up to 60 fps average in simple scenes, it comes in giant in advertising.

With Illustrator or Photoshop I have no problem.

By the way, disabling it still makes the artifart be there the same way, since Windows 11 offloads CPU per GPU even if you disable Direct3D.

Edited by peseoane

4 hours ago, Lee D said:

Still in Preferences > Performance you can try changing the Renderer to WARP, this will bypass the graphic drivers. If the issue resolves if may be worth checking to make sure which version of the drivers app installed.

Thank you.

Now i'm ussing as you suggested WARP rendering and is more or less the same. Look at the slider for highlights (down right).

The corruption is different, now is on the sliders an app canvas, the photo area has glitches but they dissapear randomly.

image.thumb.png.557aba0a7c56d0368f15a111eb672de0.png

Hey @peseoane, I had a similar problem with glitchy sliders about a year ago. It was caused by a conflict with the graphics driver and Hardware Acceleration (OpenCL).

At the time, I had to roll back to an earlier version of the graphics driver, or keep Hardware Acceleration OFF. Not a solution, but a compromise.

Hi there, I came here with exactly the same problem. My pic is attached. Have been working hard on a lot of fine editing, and these big blocks just appear. The big white block in the middle (circled) isn't supposed to be there. Impossible to undo if already saved. Previously with this problem I quit the program, open again and accept the recovery file and hope like hell it's an earlier version.

I can follow some of the fixes above, but don't understand a word of it. Could anyone explain this issue to me like I'm a kid in school? Thank you :)

Rebecca S

Page39.jpg

11 hours ago, Lee D said:

Still in Preferences > Performance you can try changing the Renderer to WARP, this will bypass the graphic drivers. If the issue resolves if may be worth checking to make sure which version of the drivers app installed.

Screen shot of my 'performance' tab - Renderer to WARP is not an option here (my Affinity software is up to date).

also how would I roll back my software to the previous driver, as per the suggestion from @pettemacca above?

Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 10.34.05 am.png

@Rebecca Stewart

I just want to point out that the advice giving in this forum is for Windows users, you are obviously running Mac. Perhaps re ask your question in that forum..

Regardless, I would uncheck the Hardware Acceleration: Enable Metal compute acceleration

876342955_ScreenShot2022-07-22at7_33_37AM.png.0a770dfade2bb983243cbb8b13736180.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.