You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Correcting a horizon in a photo.

I am wondering if Affinity Photo will help me correct this photo (to whether or not I should buy Affinity photo) I took with my drone where the horizon is curved as I am considering getting this panorama photo printed and don't want the horizon curved. I can not find whether or not I can edit this in affinity photo could someone tell me if this is the case or not.

Photo_6554093_DJI_493_pano_12423889_0_20217681250_photo_pano.jpg

Edited by Rowan Smart
I put it in the wrong section

Welcome to the forums @Rowan Smart

Your question would have been better asked in the appropriate “Questions” section of the forums rather than the “Tutorials” section as the “Tutorials” section is for people posting tutorials for other people to follow. A moderator will probably move this thread for you so there’s no need to duplicate this elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Welcome to the forums @Rowan Smart

Your question would have been better asked in the appropriate “Questions” section of the forums rather than the “Tutorials” section as the “Tutorials” section is for people posting tutorials for other people to follow. A moderator will probably move this thread for you so there’s no need to duplicate this elsewhere.

Ohh ok sorry I wasn't sure, thanks for telling me this.

No harm done.
I only mention it as you will normally get questions answered more quickly if they are in one of the Questions sections – there are generally more people ‘hanging around’ in those sections than in “Tutorials”.

• Staff

Your example image is missing metadata used to perform len corrections, which should resolve the horizon. If this file taken straight from the drone or has it been processed first? Does you drone shoot in RAW?

You can still use the Liquify persona to manually adjust the image using a large brush.

5 hours ago, Lee D said:

Your example image is missing metadata used to perform len corrections, which should resolve the horizon. If this file taken straight from the drone or has it been processed first? Does you drone shoot in RAW?

You can still use the Liquify persona to manually adjust the image using a large brush.

My drone does shoot in RAW but this photo was not taken in RAW as I didn't really know the advantages of it and I was going to be away for 2 weeks so wanted to save on storage if possible. This photo I believe has been processed first as it is already stitched together, when the drone (DJI Mavic mini 2) takes the panoramas is takes overlap and stitches them together afterward, but I do have all the individual photos on my SD if that would be better to use.

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17