You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I cycle between brushes?

I've been an Adobe user for decades and am now sans Adobe and learning both Affinity Photo and Designer. I have 120 personal brushes that I create with and would like to cycle between them while working. Is there a key combination with which to move backwards and forwards in the brushes panel?

As far as I am aware there is no way to cycle through the brushes using keyboard strokes, selection is by mouse or stylus only.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Amanda McDermott said:

Hi, along these lines, is there a shortcut for making the brush/eraser size larger or smaller (e.g. Adobe uses Ctrl+mouse wheel)?

I think it's "Ctrl+[" and "Ctrl+]" (without quotationmarks), like in many other apps. I customized it for me to "Ctrl+." and "Ctrl+," because this were the shortkeys for it as I learned Photoshop long time ago.

Edit: Sorry, made a mistake. You don't need the Ctrl-key. Only "[" and "]" or in my case "." and ",". My customized settings are much more friendly for my tiny  little hands. 😀

My personal tip for this "cycling through brushes"-problem. I created special brush categories for brushes I use for certain works. And I numbered them to have them on top of the brushes menu. My basic brushes are in category "0 - Basic Brushes".

• Staff
20 minutes ago, Amanda McDermott said:

is there a shortcut for making the brush/eraser size larger or smaller

By default, you can simply use the keyboard shortcuts or ] to adjust the size of the brush, if you're looking for a mouse/keyboard combination, please see the below video -

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!