You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

There are many possible ways, but no one-click solution covering all possible scenarios.

Erase White Paper : remove white (or gray) backgrounds 

Blend range: removes parts of image having a selected luminosity (or RGB level)

Selection tools:

create selection on various criteria, or using brushes.

Only after creating a suitable selection, you can convert it to a mask to hide all unwanted parts.

Please visit the video tutorials, link below in my signature 

If you can upload the image (do not upload sensitive or protected images), we could show what works best based on the image.

As a new member, you may not yet allowed to upload files. Simply post some nice ones, and you will be allowed soon.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

6 minutes ago, skippermick said:

you said there are many ways yet didn’t tell me even one

There are 3 given.

12 hours ago, NotMyFault said:

Blend range: removes parts of image having a selected luminosity (or RGB level)

Selection tools:

create selection on various criteria, or using brushes.

Only after creating a suitable selection, you can convert it to a mask to hide all unwanted parts

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

You can use the online help and look for Erase 

1813976854_ScreenShot2022-02-17at7_20_21PM.png.f407c7129df8577b3ae26c55481dfc02.png

This is for Photo. A Pixel layer.

You have given very little information about what you are doing. Are you using Photo? How are you "Pasting a logo"? What application has the 'logo' that you have copied? How are you copying the 'logo'? What OS are you using, Mac or Windows? The Clipboard behaves differently on Mac and Windows.

If the 'logo' is a vector object you can do different things compared to a Pixel object.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

23 hours ago, NotMyFault said:

Actually "Erase White Paper" only completely removes white backgrounds; if you apply it to an image with a grey background it only removes the white element, leaving you with a semi-transparent background (i.e. It is still grey! ).

It's also worth mentioning that, if the image is not pure black, EWP will also remove part of the part of the image that you want, so that some new background will probably show through. Basically EWP will only completely remove the background and leave a solid foreground with pure B&W images.

Untitled.png

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

11 hours ago, skippermick said:

I don’t see anything anywhere that says erase white paper!

Filters > Colours > Erase White Paper

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

8 minutes ago, PaulEC said:

Actually "Erase White Paper" only completely removes white backgrounds; if you apply it to an image with a grey background it only removes the white element, leaving you with a semi-transparent background (i.e. It is still grey! ).

In reality it is even more complex. Grey colors don’t stay untouched, but get full black on RGB channel, but alpha channel is set to former grey level. 
So the result of EWP applied to a grey gradient it is pure black with an alpha gradient, not grey gradient with alpha gradient.

But this is maybe pure academic

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

17 hours ago, skippermick said:

I don’t see anything anywhere that says erase white paper!

You still have not told us which Affinity app you are using, so if it is Affinity Designer you will not find that item anywhere because it is a feature found in the Filters > Colors submenu of Affinity Photo. Affinity Designer does not offer filters so it has no Filters menu.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7