You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My problem affects all 3 Affinity programs: Publisher, Photo and Designer...

The preview of the selected color does not match the entered values in the view at all. For example (see images) white is displayed in a bright yellow.
In Publisher at least the object is displayed in the correct color; in AP and AD also the objects are in the (wrong) color as in the panel.

Also on the settingspanel are the icons in different 'whites' (picture 2)
However, the colors are printed correctly.
I have already installed another graphics card and also tested it on another monitor - the result is the same.

I hope that my problem can be seen on the attached pictures.
First picture is a screenshot of AP, 2. the settingspanel, the third one are the colorsettings.

PS. In other programs (e.g. text program) the color palette is displayed correctly.

Does anyone have an idea? Many thanks in advance for them.
Greetings from Germany
Hans

weiss_ist_hellgelb.jpg

einstellung_panel.jpg

einstellung_farbe.jpg

• Staff

Hi @adus,

Sorry to see you're having trouble!

I can confirm this is covered in our below FAQ - 

Equally, I recommend reading the 'Display Colour Management in the Affinity Apps' article below, as this covers the required colour settings within Affinity -

https://affinityspotlight.com/article/display-colour-management-in-the-affinity-apps/

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

32 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Hi @adus,

Sorry to see you're having trouble!

Equally, I recommend reading the 'Display Colour Management in the Affinity Apps' article below, as this covers the required colour settings within Affinity -

https://affinityspotlight.com/article/display-colour-management-in-the-affinity-apps/

I hope this helps :)

Thanks @Dan C, I'll do the recommended steps and will come back with results.

This one did the trick. Thanks Dan. 👍

44 minutes ago, Dan C said:

I was going to link to that FAQ article, but then I noticed that the app’s canvas in the OP’s screenshot is white! It’s only the swatch in the Colour panel that looks yellow. Regardless, I’m interested to note that it seems to be the same issue.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

42 minutes ago, Alfred said:

but then I noticed that the app’s canvas in the OP’s screenshot is white! It’s only the swatch in the Colour panel that looks yellow. Regardless, I’m interested to note that it seems to be the same issue.

27 minutes ago, adus said:

In Publisher was only the panel 'yellow', in Designer and Photo was the object also wrong coloured...

This points to the fact that the ICC profile for the monitor is used in Affinity applications to render various elements. That's pretty weird.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.