You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, @Barbora Pachmannova.

If you're referring to those fine white lines, try disabling Hardware Acceleration (OpenCL) in Photo. Edit > Preferences, then switch to the Performance section, and you'll find that option near the bottom of the list.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.5, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.5

• Staff

Hi @Barbora Pachmannova,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums & I'm sorry to see you're having trouble!

Usually disabling Hardware Acceleration would resolve this issue, so I'm going to need more information here.

Can you please navigate to Edit > Preferences > Performance and provide a screenshot of your settings?

What GPU is your system using, and what version of GPU driver is currently in use?

Many thanks in advance :)

Hi Dan C,

please the attachment. 

Not sure about GPU. Where I can find that info? 

Many thanks.

I have Acer Swift 3 
Processor    11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz   2.42 GHz
Installed RAM    8.00 GB (7.80 GB usable)
Device ID    9ADFCDE7-78F0-4C39-83C1-0B48273B0AEE
Product ID    00325-82172-91795-AAOEM
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display

2022-01-25.png

• Staff

Many thanks for the screenshots and information provided!

Please try downloading the latest driver from the following link -

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html?wapkw=i5-1135G7

With this downloaded, follow Intels' instructions for performing a 'clean install' -

https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/support/articles/000057389/graphics.html

Once these are installed, restart your device then open AP and try exporting once again, does this resolve the error for you please? :)

The color was not changed, it's just duller and flatter because no Exposure or Tone Curve was automatically applied. This is set in the Assistant Manager. In the Develop Persona, you have the ability to develop your RAW images without or with Affinity Photo's applying these. What you're seeing before is a JPEG embedded in the RAW file, and has various adjustments applied.

So if you choose to have your RAW file start with those adjustments, just click on the Assistant Manger and check boxes beside them. My personal choice is not to. I want to make all the decisions on how I want my images to look.

raw_develop-1.jpg.696a4ebc3469461f7ac26b8b6ce06a11.jpgraw_develop-2.jpg.c4cf1637abbcf304b332cc879b97f42e.jpg

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• Staff

Although the above changes may help alleviate this issue, there is a known bug with certain blue tones in RAW files being rendered with a purple cast and I believe this issue is also appearing here - this bug is logged with our developers, so I'll be sure to 'bump' the report now :)

• 1 year later...

Sorry if I revive an old thread.

I'm experiencing glitches (same as in the image posted here) when exporting images to JPGs on a laptop with a new Intel 13th gen processor.
I've already tried disabling OpenCL acceleration and updating graphic drivers to the latest release but I can't get rid of those glitches.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue on these new cpus?
Any suggestion how to fix it?
...should I switch to v2 Affinity programs?

• Staff

Sorry to hear you're having trouble @Peach1200!

I am surprised that disabling Hardware Acceleration has not resolved this issue for you, as this usually resolves the issue for other users. After disabling Hardware Acceleration, did you restart the Affinity app before exporting the image once again?

3 hours ago, Peach1200 said:

on a laptop with a new Intel 13th gen processor

3 hours ago, Peach1200 said:

should I switch to v2 Affinity programs?

We are aware of issues in Affinity V1 when using Intel Xe/Iris Graphics, which your laptop may be using. These have been resolved within V2, so you may want to try a free trial of V2 to see if this issue is resolved for you, alongside trying the new and improved features -

https://store.serif.com/get/universal-licence-2/trial/

I hope this helps :)

hi @Dan C
thank you for your prompt reply.
I had a look again at what was happening and noticed that my starting image already had glitches in it! I guess it's from an initial batch of images I resized without disabling hw acceleration.. my fault! -_-

I still have to make a few tests but I think you're right: disabling Hardware Acceleration should indeed solve this issue! :)
thank you for your help

• 5 months later...
  • Staff

The issue "Raw file renders with a purple cast" (REF: AF-1571) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.4.0.2192".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.