You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Truncated File Warning

Using Windows 11 with newest version of Publisher. Attempted to Save file and Save hung up midway through so I hit escape. Save stopped but when I attempted to open Pub. book I got the message, "Truncated File Unable to Open." I get the same message everytime I try to open the file. I save my files to an external 1TB solid state Toshiba drive.

Please help

Thanks for getting back. From the Microsoft site I installed: Windows 11 Pro, ver. 21H2, and OS Build 22000.318. This is the first time this error has ever happened and I've been working with large files in AFPhoto for years. It only happened with Publisher and not with Photo. The files I'm working with in Pub are large, about 750MB/spread with 20 spreads. Files are embedded and saved to external 1TB solid state drive. The laptop is a Surface Book 2 with a 500GB internal drive, 16GB RAM, i7 processor, and Navidia GTX 1050.

After looking through previous posts on this subject I assumed the file was gone so I've rebuilt the book and saved to Documents on the C with no problem and to the external drive. Since there has been no definitive answer as to why this occurred, I'm most concerned that it doesn't happen in the future. Can you shed light on this? What are your developers saying?

Thanks so much!

Edited by Roc
Remove sensitive info. and correct error

@Roc,

You should probably edit your post, go to the ellipse in the upper right and click on it, choose Edit and then remove the Serial number.

128025117_ScreenShot2021-12-10at9_13_40AM.png.409a444b1e306eee865fbe694a40ea86.png 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

6 hours ago, Roc said:

The laptop is a Surface Book 2 with a 500MB internal drive ...

While you are editing out your serial number, you might also consider making sure you really mean this drive is just 500MB (½ GB) or not.

7 hours ago, Roc said:

The files I'm working with in Pub are large, about 750MB/spread with 20 spreads. Files are embedded and saved to external 1TB solid state drive.

If they are embedded (as opposed to linked) it does not matter where the originals are stored -- they will all be stored in the APub document itself.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7