Hi!!!

this is my second post on this forum. I really appreciation the last help that I received. My question is, how can I created a signature that I can use for my photos and play with the size of it?

Thank you 

Hi AlexL,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

If you already have an image/scan of the signature you can recreate it with vectors using the Pen Tool (here's another video tutorial), or use a third party app or service to automatically trace it (convert it to vectors) like Vector Magic. You can then manipulate it as you see fit without losing quality since it's vector based.

I made one by scanning a signature, selecting it using the selection tool and putting it on a transparent layer. You can also just type text onto a transparent layer. Then go to export and create a slice of your signature / text and export it as a .png. Then in AP create a new image brush from the brushes window and import your sig.png. I set opacity, flow and hardness to 100% and you can size it like any other brush. You can also set these in 'edit brush' by right clicking the brush in the brushes window. I'm no expert but seem to work OK!

Cheers.....

post-19986-0-18648400-1448818751_thumb.png

Ooops! Sorry, I now remember I put the sig scan into PSElements and used the magic wand to select the sig and then made a new layer from selection onto a transparent background. Not sure how to do that in AP yet, would,like to know too.

Cheers.......

Hi AlexL,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

If you already have an image/scan of the signature you can recreate it with vectors using the Pen Tool (here's another video tutorial), or use a third party app or service to automatically trace it (convert it to vectors) like Vector Magic. You can then manipulate it as you see fit without losing quality since it's vector based.

Thanks, but I mean in Affinity Photo, can I take a blank page, use the policy that I want and save it as a image? Than use it to all my image.

Merci

You can select your signature and save it on a transparent layer. When you will use it, File>Place and drag it on top of your layers.
You can use the size and opacity you want.

I did like Tony T here, and made a brush out of it. Very convenient.

- Affinity Photo 1.7.2
- Affinity Designer 1.7.2
-Affinity Publisher 1.7.2

MacBook Pro 8 GB
MacBook Pro Mojave 10.14.6

Thanks, but I mean in Affinity Photo, can I take a blank page, use the policy that I want and save it as a image? Than use it to all my image.

Merci

The Pen Tool is also available in Affinity Photo so you can still recreate it with vectors. If you want to have it as an image (raster), you can also remove the white background and keep just the signature. Just draw a rectangular selection marquee around it, copy/paste (it will be placed in a new layer), then go to Filers ▸ Colours ▸ Erase White Paper to remove the white of the background. You should end up with a clean signature over a transparent background which you can place over your images.