You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I select all copy already placed. I need to reflow.

I have a book I'm building that was supposed to be 6 x 9. Somehow, the master templates ended up 5 x 7. I believe I have fixed that issue and all the 490 pages now are showing 6 x 9 with the correct margin locations. 

However, the flowed content is still in 5 x 7 size. I would like to copy, cut and then reflow that content. Is there a way to do this? 

When I choose select all, I only get one page. 

I've tried to select the pages instead of the content and obviously that doesn't work. 

I tried to do something once before like this and got nowhere. I have already formatted the four master pages, set up odd/even pages, and was working on finishing all the sections when I discovered this. 

Surely there is some way to do this without having to drag each page of content to the new sized pages. Did I mention it's 490 (249 pg spreads). 

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 4.05.26 PMEST.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 4.04.55 PMEST.png

2 minutes ago, jamesgangcreative said:

When I choose select all, I only get one page. 

If your Text Frames are linked, then if you insert the text cursor at the start of the first frame, and press Ctrl+A (Windows) or Cmd+A (Mac) it should select all text from the full set of linked frames.

However, if you've used Master Pages, and the Text Frames are inherited from those Master Pages, you should be able to simply adjust the size of the Text Frames on the Master Pages, and that change should propagate to all the document pages automatically. And at that point, all the text should reflow automatically.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

The master pages do fine. The content doesn't flow to it. (Refer to the attached images. That is what happens afterward). I was assuming "should" but since that didn't happen, I went to the forum. 

Haven't a clue where the "resize option" is or how to choose or where it lives. Didn't take the exam. 🙂 I did get a pop up that said something like "would you like to resize the page to the page of the pages that is now the new page that you've created?" And I said yes. And that made all the masters pop to 6 x 9. Did nothing to the content. 

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

If your Text Frames are linked, then if you insert the text cursor at the start of the first frame, and press Ctrl+A (Windows) or Cmd+A (Mac) it should select all text from the full set of linked frames.

However, if you've used Master Pages, and the Text Frames are inherited from those Master Pages, you should be able to simply adjust the size of the Text Frames on the Master Pages, and that change should propagate to all the document pages automatically. And at that point, all the text should reflow automatically.

I'll give these a try.

But ... what you are seeing is after I corrected the master pages. The "inherited" text frames are the ones that are 5 x 7.  You can see those in the new 6 x 9 page. Simply adjusting the size of the Text frames was already done in the masters. The content doesn't change to the new size. The sections, spreads and pages all now say 6 x 9. 

Yes, the text frames are linked. I will go to the very first page and put the cursor there so the blue lines show up and the little blue circles show up just like they have in the past. I'l try Command A. Then I'll choose copy and delete. Then I'll try to reflow. 

2 hours ago, jamesgangcreative said:

Somehow, the master templates ended up 5 x 7. I believe I have fixed that issue and all the 490 pages now are showing 6 x 9 with the correct margin locations

An alternative way to fix a document size with rescaling its objects would be using the Rescale option in the Spread Properties (master pages) respectively Spread Setup (document pages). Ideally you would adjust the master pages first, if all document pages have a master applied then there would not be a need to resize document pages via Spread Setup.

844133984_spreadpropertyrescalemasterp.jpg.d42bc7931eac70dd02cc5c10538a24f2.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1