You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Welcome to the forums @mas268ga

I don’t think you are missing a setting but you could try (temporarily) switching “Enable OpenCL compute acceleration” OFF in Preferences/Performance and seeing what happens.
I don’t have the "Arial Rounded MT Bold" font to test this properly on my machine – does this happen with all fonts or just that one?

It appears the Contour Tool only works with Artistic Text and not Frame Text! I kind of assume this to be a bug rather than expected behaviour, maybe one of the Affinity Mods can confirm?

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

does this happen with all fonts or just that one?

All fonts...

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

Nice catch Hangman; I didn’t notice that they were using a Text Frame and not Artistic Text.
I get similar – strange – results when using the Contour Tool on the text in a Text Frame.
I would say that if the Contour Tool is not supposed to be usable with a Text Frame then we shouldn’t be able to select it when a Text Frame is selected.
As you say, let’s wait for a member of staff to tell us what’s what.

Um, it's certainly not working for me with Frame Text, I get the same result (on mac) as the OP is seeing on Windows! The only difference I can see between what @Hens is doing and what we're doing is that myself and the OP are working 'directly' in designer rather than in affinity studio link...

1262203310_ContourTool.thumb.jpg.de1b41f3d4c6084f1b96f173a971205b.jpg

Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

Curiouser and curiouser... same odd behaviour for me, seemingly regardless of the font...

• Staff

Hi @mas268ga,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

Many thanks to you and all other users here for the report of this issue, I can see something similar is already logged with our developers, so I'm updating this bug report with the information provided here and 'bumping' it for a fix.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 6 months later...

It appears as a confusing pity for years that Affinity app updates ever get published without having the existing, known, logged & tagged bugs solved.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1