You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I use AP and AD only for simple work and don't have so much time for practice. 

Now I would create a card like shown in 25.png

Using the PenTool and ArtisticText I became like shown in Try.png, but how can I achive the text marked with the red arrows. I found it very difficult to create curved lines, attach the text and the text fit's perfect.

Is there an easy way to create?

Thanks in advance

Guenter

25.png

Try.png

That probably depends how “easy” you want it to be.
I think I would start by using the Mesh Warp tool in Photo – see my very crude attached image.
There are probably lots of videos showing you how to use that tool but you will need to practice to get something good.
Sometimes you just have to put the work in.

Screenshot 2021-09-09 090225.png

At the risk of the unpardonable sin of blasphemy and being struck down by lightning, until AD introduces a vector warping tool which would allow effects like this to be easily created you could take a look at Vectorstyler. They offer a 45 day free trial...

https://www.vectorstyler.com/

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

2 hours ago, Hangman said:

At the risk of the unpardonable sin of blasphemy and being struck down by lightning, until AD introduces a vector warping tool which would allow effects like this to be easily created you could take a look at...

free Inkscape... ;)

You'll find tutorials to use it easily.

Or this one https://designbundles.net/design-school/how-to-warp-text-into-the-shape-of-an-object-in-inkscape

Edited by Wosven
Added link

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 7:49 AM, Wosven said:

free Inkscape...

If Affinity offered anywhere near the level of functionality and power that Vectorstyler currently offers, I'd happily pay them 100 dollars to upgrade to it now. I would wonder if Inkscape has the same level of power and the expansive tool set Vectorstyler offers. i guess it depends on what you need to accomplish that Affinity is still lacking in. If inkscape can be that one-trick pony - then more power to you! 100 dollars is not a large investment, especially for a piece of software that does all the things we have been patiently (and impatiently) waiting years for Affinity to add. If I can find a professional level app - without a subscription and at a decent cost - I'm going to support it.
As time goes by, I have come to the conclusion that Affinity and Vectorstyler are not really competing in the same market. Designer is one aspect of a three program identity focused on overall design and smooth integration between raster, vector and publishing. . Vectorstyler seems to be more of specialized power-user app with a total and exclusive focus on vector graphics. In the end we as the consumer benefit from having both. I think newbies to vector graphics would be much more comfortable in Affinity Designer at first - but even they could get a lot out of Vectorstyler in short order.