You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there an alternative to deleting nodes in this case?

Is there an easier way to achieve this given outcome? I find myself frequently drawing diagrams spanning sometimes up to tens of nodes connected by arrows. As of right now, I need to go through each one of the arrows, create two nodes on top of the perimeter of the circle and then delete the original edge nodes, as shown in the below .gif. This process can get time-consuming. Do note the nodes' fill is transparent.

I was wondering if there's a smarter way of saving a few clicks when doing this. Beware I want the arrow "to go" straight from the center of a node to the center of the other node.

Animation.gif.9ce84ecf7983ef9e4d612c3f8624ae29.gif

Thanks!

Why not switch to the move tool and just drag the end/start of the line back? If you have snap to Object Geometry on then it should snap to the circles edge.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

29 minutes ago, devoured_elysium said:

I assume that as soon as I move one of the nodes, there's no way to keep the arrow properly adjusted, correct?

I don't really know what you're talking about. Styles?

58 minutes ago, devoured_elysium said:

No, I'm talking of what happens when after having connected two nodes by an arrow as shown above, I decide to move one of the nodes to another position.

Then you will have to change/move the arrow to start in the middle of each circle/node and move them again to the edges. If you are going to be doing this a lot you might be better served by constraints and or symbols. I can't say for sure if that would help you.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.