You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello Buttons and selection menus disappear in photo and designer.

Hello Buttons and selection menus disappear in photo and designer. I reinstalled the programs several times, but the problem is still there. Is there a simple solution?

Das Arbeiten macht so keinen Spass.

Vielen Dank im Voraus

Michael

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Inked1_LI.jpg

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

If you're like other users reporting similar problems recently, you have the Asus Sonic or MSI Nahimic applications installed. Those applications are known to cause problems:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hello walt.farrell, since this is my first time in a forum, I forgot to enter important data.

Unfortunately, I did not find anything with the third-party software.

Thanks for the hin

My PC:

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHz

Installed RAM 64.0 GB

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti Driver: NVIDIA Studio driver 471.41 (I tried older drivers)

Affinity Photo and Designer have these issues. I have not installed Publisher.

The problems do not occur with DxO Nik Collection and Helicon Focus

Many greetings

Michael Vogel

25 / 5000

Übersetzungsergebnisse

Many greetings Michael Vogel

25 / 5000

Übersetzungsergebnisse

You're welcome; sorry it didn't provide a solution.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi @Vogel,

I suspect this is caused by one of the aforementioned applications, but they may have been installed by your PC/motherboard manufacturer without your knowledge.

Can you please provide a full list of the installed apps on your PC? You can find out how to do this here -

https://theitbros.com/how-to-get-list-of-installed-programs-in-windows-10/

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hello Dan C thank you for wanting to see that mall. But it looks like a lot of work.

I had a test version of DVDFab on the PC, which I uninstalled. Then Affinity worked perfectly, after the next restart the problems were there again. I don't understand the whole thing.

file.txt

I have the same issue and its driving me bonkers...  I was hoping 1.9.10 would solve the problem but still the same. 

Im on latest Windows updates, driver updates, bios etc... It feels like I've tried everything. I might have had Asus Sonic installed but it's uninstalled since a long time.

Hardware:

AMD Ryzen 3950X

Samsung 970 EVO 1TB

Asus Rog Strix X570-E motherboard

32Gb

Asus Rog Strix GeForce RTX2070 Super 8Gb

Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (19042.1151)

InstalledApps_METZ-AMD.csv

Hello perihelion74, I'm already doubting my sanity. I'm currently trying everything out, but to no avail.

Sometimes when I uninstall a program, affinity works again until the next restart.

After that the problem is back Could it have something to do with the graphics card or the graphics card driver?

If I know more I'll get back to you.

They are aware of the problem with Nahimic Service...

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• Staff
23 hours ago, perihelion74 said:

Dude... I might be on to something. Do you have a service under your Task Manager called "Nahimic service"? If I stop that service. The problem goes away.

As Walt has confirmed previously in this thread:

On 8/4/2021 at 6:59 PM, walt.farrell said:

If you're like other users reporting similar problems recently, you have the Asus Sonic or MSI Nahimic applications installed. Those applications are known to cause problems:

This is a known bug, caused when these applications are running whilst Affinity is - I have had confirmation that Asus have been made aware of the issue and are working to fix it, as the same application is causing issues with games and other PC applications currently.

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!