You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Orthographe, toujours et encore

Bonjour

ayant utilisé Prolexis avec Indesign, je suis catastrophé par le correcteur orthographique de Publisher. La correction commence puis bloque quand il y a dans le texte une url qu'il est impossible de dépasser.

J'ai essayé tous les paramètres, j'ai installé un dictionnaire de libre-office et je suis en panne car ma revue est truffée d'url.

Par ailleurs, je n'ai pas compris comment ne corriger qu'une page ou un bloc de texte sans attaquer le document complet. Il serait temps que l'éditeur permette d'ajouter des plugs-in quand ce sont des choses très techniques que d'autres font mieux.

Pour l'instant, comment gérer ce dictionnaire ? C'est vraiment gênant.

Merci à toutes et tous

J'espère que l'éditeur lit ce forum...

Spell-checking is largely controlled by the Text Styles you use, which specify the Spelling Language, and thus the dictionary. They also let you specify text that should not be Spell Checked.

For URLs, if you add them as Hyperlinks (Text > Interactive > Add Hyperlink) then the Character Text Style "Hyperlink" will be assigned to the text automatically. You can simply edit that Character Text Style and set the Spelling Language to "None":

image.png.39062b4c181415b4272e5f0fb2383765.png

Once you have done that the Spell Checking process should ignore them.

You are not the first French speaker to suggest that improvements are needed in the Affinity Spell Checkign process.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 3 months later...

bonjour

Dictionnaire : création d'une librairie personnelle

si j'apprends un mot en créant un article, est-ce que ce mot sera retrouvé dans un autre article ?

en d'autres termes, est-ce que je peux me créer une librairie personnelle qui regroupe tous les mots spéciaux que j'utilise dans les revues que j'édite ?

Et donc un dictionnaire lié à mon affinity publisher  et toutes les créations...

Autre question : dans quel répertoire du Mac se trouve le dictionnaire  de Publisher ?

Merci de votre aide

Cette partie "orthographe" mérite mieux : tous les noms de lieux, de personnes, de villes sont soulignés en rouge !  D'où l'idée d'un dictionnaire des noms de lieux (comme dans prolexis)

10 minutes ago, Dominique Perchet said:

si j'apprends un mot en créant un article, est-ce que ce mot sera retrouvé dans un autre article ?

As I understand it:

• Words that you Learn are saved in a personal dictionary, and will be known in other documents, too.
  • Words that you Ignore will be ignored only in the current document.
14 minutes ago, Dominique Perchet said:

Autre question : dans quel répertoire du Mac se trouve le dictionnaire  de Publisher ?

The file(s) that contain the Learned words are saved in the same location as your other Affinity application preferences/files, in the "user" folder, at least on Windows. This FAQ article describes how to find that folder:

Note: the specific files seem to be wc.dat and dictionary.propcol on Windows. Both files are in a binary, non-editable format.

The regular dictionaries can be found by following the instructions in the dictionary FAQ:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Publisher on Mac uses the default spelling dictionaries that you have installed in your macOS.

3 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

The file(s) that contain the Learned words are saved in the same location as your other Affinity application preferences/files, in the "user" folder, at least on Windows.

It is different on Mac. To be specific, the default dictionaries are tucked away somewhere in the depths of the macOS system files. However, whenever you "Learn" a word, whether in Publisher or any other app that uses this system, such as Safari, Messages, Pages, etc., that word is added to a list that is kept in a file in ~/Library/Spelling (where ~ is your mac username). Which file in that directory it is added to will depend on the language. There will be a separate file for each language (example fr for French), and another one (LocalDictionary) for when no language is specified.

As these resources are shared across all apps that use the built-in spelling system, if you learn a word in one Publisher document, it will be "learned" for all documents for text of the same language, and also, it will be learned for all other apps in the macOS that use the system and are set to that language.

1 hour ago, Dominique Perchet said:

D'où l'idée d'un dictionnaire des noms de lieux (comme dans prolexis)

Le dictionnaire des communes de Prolexis n'y est pas par défaut, c'est un coût supplémentaire. Et pour entrer les 65 000 communes de France dans un dictionnaire perso... il faut espérer que c'est plus simple que dans Prolexis, où créer manuellement les entrées une à une avec la bonne option décourage très vite (sûrement pour mieux vendre le-dit dictionnaire des noms de commune).

19 minutes ago, Wosven said:

Et pour entrer les 65 000 communes de France dans un dictionnaire perso... il faut espérer que c'est plus simple que dans Prolexis, où créer manuellement les entrées une à une avec la bonne option décourage très vite (sûrement pour mieux vendre le-dit dictionnaire des noms de commune).

Just to throw this idea out there, it is possible to edit the spelling files manually. It is therefore possible to bulk import if you have a list of terms to add.  But note these things:

1. Each word must be on its own line.
  2. The entire list must be in alphabetic order.
  3. Manual edits to the spelling file won't be activated immediately. A system restart will take of that.

merci de ces conseils

mais j'ai essayé de créer des mots (noms propres) dans un fichier pour un test

dans un nouveau document, je ne les trouve pas.

Je n'arrive pas à trouver le fichier dictionnaire dans le mac Mojave : j'ai beau chercher, rien !

et pour un import, je ne comprends pas non plus la procédure : je crée une liste de mot mais comment les importer ?

Au secours !

8 minutes ago, Dominique Perchet said:

et pour un import, je ne comprends pas non plus la procédure : je crée une liste de mot mais comment les importer ?

If you are referring to my bulk import idea, I admit it is a little technical, but here is a go at explaining:

1. First, just to make sure we are working on the right file, let's make a test in Publisher. In Publisher, set text language to the desired language (from the Character studio), then type a new word to add to the dictionary (via the "Learn" or "Mémoriser l'orthographe" command).

2. The Library folder (which is dynamically renamed Bibliothèque if you have your mac set to French) is normally hidden. Here's one way to get to the folder we need. In the Finder app, use the menu item Go->Go to folder (Aller->Aller au dossier). Then copy the path below into the window and press Go (Aller).

~/Library/Spelling

3. Open the file that corresponds to the language you selected in step one. For example, French might be "fr". The file will open in a plain text editor, TextEdit by default. In it you should see a list of all the words that you have added (in Publisher and other apps). Look for the test word you added in step 1 to confirm that you have the right file. If it is not there, try one of the other files in the folder.

4. When you confirm you have the correct file you can add other terms to this file. Add them one term per line and in alphabetical order. You can also delete words from the list. When you do, delete the entire line (don't leave blank lines).

5. Restart your Mac, and then Publisher will know the terms you added.

The above procedure is too cumbersome just to add a couple words as compared to the normal way. But if you have a list of hundreds of words, it could be quite faster than clicking Learn over and over again. Just be sure that the entire list is in alphabetical order.

44 minutes ago, garrettm30 said:

Just to throw this idea out there, it is possible to edit the spelling files manually. It is therefore possible to bulk import if you have a list of terms to add.  But note these things:

1. Each word must be on its own line.
  2. The entire list must be in alphabetic order.
  3. Manual edits to the spelling file won't be activated immediately. A system restart will take of that.

You're not talking about Prolexis, but the .dict files? Yes, and there's also tools to create them.

Merci

j'ai enfin trouvé grâce à vos indications et j'ai pu faire le ménage et supprimer des mots qui avaient été validés par erreur.

Peut-être je vais remplacer la liste qui est courte par une autre plus longue en respectant l'ordre alphabétique.

il reste un défaut : les majuscules accentuées : ÂŒÈÊ etc... et surtout le À que l'on met en début de phrase...

merci beaucoup

1 hour ago, Wosven said:

You're not talking about Prolexis, but the .dict files?

You're correct: I am not talking about Prolexis (instead I use Antidote by Druide). I am talking about the files where "learned" words are stored, for example ~/Library/Spelling/en. I assume ".dict" does not refer to these, because these have no extension at all, not even a hidden extension. 

2 minutes ago, Dominique Perchet said:

il reste un défaut : les majuscules accentuées : ÂŒÈÊ etc...

I have wondered about accents. I think it may be best to just do some tests by "learning" various words in TextEdit or even Publisher and then open the file to see what their order is. When I consult my list, it appears that capitals do not matter as far as alphabetic order, and while accents do matter. É comes after E.

8 minutes ago, Dominique Perchet said:

et surtout le À que l'on met en début de phrase...

You should not need to add "à" or any other common French word. The files I have been describing are supplemental to the default dictionaries; they do not replace them. I haven't tested, but I assume there would be some degree of reduced performance for unnecessarily long learned word lists. Whether it that performance penalty is of any practical consequence, I couldn't say.

14 minutes ago, Dominique Perchet said:

j'ai enfin trouvé grâce à vos indications et j'ai pu faire le ménage et supprimer des mots qui avaient été validés par erreur.

Usually this should not be necessary. In Publisher, you can "unlearn" any erroneously added word by right-clicking on it. I have had to delete words from the list in the past because of apps that do not themselves offer this possibility.

14 minutes ago, garrettm30 said:

I am talking about the files where "learned" words are stored, for example ~/Library/Spelling/en. I assume ".dict" does not refer to these

It seems this feature is OS X only, I don't see any file modified on Windows after "memorizing" words. It's annoying if 2 apps that should behave the same work differently on different systems.

2 minutes ago, Wosven said:

It seems this feature is OS X only, I don't see any file modified on Windows after "memorizing" words.

That's right, it is macOS only. Walt explained in the post before my first one how it works on Windows. Dominique has already specified he is on macOS (Mojave), so that is where my discussion was focused.

3 minutes ago, Wosven said:

It's annoying if 2 apps that should behave the same work differently on different systems.

This is just my opinion, but although I can understand how occasionally a difference can be confusing where we are used to mostly mirrored functionality, I do rather see this as a good thing. I believe that an app should be properly adapted to each operating system it is designed for, and I think this is such a case. Since the Mac already has its builtin spelling system, I do not see why I should relearn the same custom word in every different app where I might use it, where instead I could learn it once, and every app that respects the system spelling system can know it.

je suis toujours en exploration des fonctions de PUblisher

j'ai voulu créer un raccourci pour inverser la casse d'un mot pour passer de minuscule à majuscule avec comme code option+K

j'ai donc ajouté la commande, j'ai enregistré  mais cela ne fonctionne pas... 

J'ai raté quelque chose ?

J'ai aussi essayé avec le raccourci "majuscules" mais aussi pas de réussite.

Vous avez été de bon conseil ; j'espère que vous avez une idée...

DP

Are you using macOS? If so, option+K is reserved by macOS for typing special characters like most option shortcuts and even though Publisher will allow you to set it, it won't work. Try using Command+K or some other Command shortcut.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

2 hours ago, Dominique Perchet said:

Où s'enregistre le nouveau fichier des shortcuts ? Est-ce que les nouveaux raccourcis que j'ai fait sont valables pour toutes les créations que je vais faire ?

The shortcuts are saved for the whole app, not for the specific document. The shortcuts are saved along with the other preference files for Publisher. Based on your question, you may be interested to know your shortcuts can be saved so you can import them into another copy of Publisher:

1281675983_ScreenShot2021-09-30at5_23_46PM.png.b68baa261c21cf5e72600903506b8fe9.png