You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

BUG: AP 1.3.5.4 - Default Language setting not working.

My default language is US English, but the last 2 AD/AP betas show British English on the UI, even when the Language Preferences setting is set to Default (which I assume refers back to the setting in the OS X's System Prefs...)

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Here you go: Notice the spelling of Colour on the Color palette.

post-1105-0-88628800-1444688774_thumb.png

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

UK English is the default for Macs in the UK, but for Macs in the US, it's obviously US English... Anyway, glad you were able to reproduce and logged. Have a great day, mate!

I have a feeling (could be totally wrong) that the app see that it's English but disregards the region, so sets it to UK. As this is the default for Macs we should probably use the region as well to set the default

I'll get this logged

• Staff

UK English is the default for Macs in the UK, but for Macs in the US, it's obviously US English... Anyway, glad you were able to reproduce and logged. Have a great day, mate!

This is actually a side effect of the Affinity apps being by default in British English.

The preferred languages (English - English) actually uses the default English of the application not the system as it isn't base on Region. I could only get 'Default' to show US English only if I specifically chose (English (U.S) English (United States)): See attached screenshot.

post-14-0-39832900-1444751350_thumb.png

Hey Andrew, I tried to click on the little + icon at the bottom of System Prefs > Language and Region try to add English-US, not the English-English, and System Prefs consistently crashes. Perhaps it's a new El Capitan bug, and not an issue with AD/AP? Anyway, thanks for looking into it. Great job on the apps!

This is actually a side effect of the Affinity apps being by default in British English.

The preferred languages (English - English) actually uses the default English of the application not the system as it isn't base on Region. I could only get 'Default' to show US English only if I specifically chose (English (U.S) English (United States)): See attached screenshot.

• Staff

Hey Andrew, I tried to click on the little + icon at the bottom of System Prefs > Language and Region try to add English-US, not the English-English, and System Prefs consistently crashes. Perhaps it's a new El Capitan bug, and not an issue with AD/AP? Anyway, thanks for looking into it. Great job on the apps!

I'm surprise System > Preferences crashes! I guess that is one for Apple.

Anyhow you can get around the issue by choosing English US in Designer's language setting for now. It's just an unfortunate side effect of us using British as our default english. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing... just wanted to let u guys know for the beta... cheers mate!

I'm surprise System > Preferences crashes! I guess that is one for Apple.

Anyhow you can get around the issue by choosing English US in Designer's language setting for now. It's just an unfortunate side effect of us using British as our default english. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.