You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

deleting asset categories crashes Designer

• Staff

Hi Postmadesign,

Do you have a copy of the crash log that appears please? Also would it be possible for you to attach your assets.propcol file from the location below:
~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Designer Beta/user/

I've tried reproducing the crash here, but have been unable to, however I have found an issue when creating a new Asset category though!

• Staff

Scratch that - I did just get a crash when trying to delete an empty category. However I'd still be interested in trying your propcol. There is definitely something incredibly wrong with assets.

Creating a new category is blanking out the dropdown and then creating that category without a subcategory which means you cannot populate it.

@Sean P Which files do you need? I too am having this happen. OS 10.14.6

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Designer

Affinity Designer Beta_2020-12-03-102711_Mac-Pro.crash

assets.propcol

==============

Photo

assets.propcol

Affinity Photo Beta_2020-12-03-102959_Mac-Pro.crash

==============

Publisher

Affinity Publisher Beta_2020-12-03-103209_Mac-Pro.crash

assets.propcol

===============

For some reason I can not add zip files, I get a -200 error when trying.

assets.propcol

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff
10 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Thanks for the files - that is indeed the same crash I was getting as well. I've got it bumped with development.

6 hours ago, fde101 said:

I reported this a few weeks ago as happening with Photo and Publisher, but apparently it was contagious and Designer has it now too?

Thanks! Unfortunately it has likely been introduced from a change in a recent build that Designer at the time did not have!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.