You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Quit Unexpectedly -- MacOS 10.13.6

7 hours ago, Dan C said:

No problem at all, thanks for your screenshots! It's strange that no Affinity related folders appear under Containers, however I can see in Group Containers there is a folder titled '6LVTQB9699.com.seriflabs'

Hi @Dan C here are the screenshots. Under seriflabs folder, the appinfo folder is empty.  Can't expand it to show anything.  But under seriflabs.beta, the appinfo folder can be expanded.  

AppInfo.png

AppInfo Beta.png

• Staff

Apologies for the delayed response here!

@v_kyr & @R C-R -

This was the location I used to provide, however I have all 3 apps installed from the Mac App Store (as newly downloaded since installing Big Sur) and my appdata is all found within;

~/Library/Containers/[Affinity Photo/Designer/Publisher]/Data/Library/Application Support/

I will do my best to get clarification on this, as I believe this is where the app data from the Mac App Store can now be found for the Affinity apps.

@Immary

Many thanks for the screenshot provided - this is certainly strange, however it may indicate that the app has never launched 'far enough' to generate these files. I am currently awaiting some further steps to attempt here, my sincerest apologies for any inconveniences caused here.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

7 minutes ago, Dan C said:

@v_kyr & @R C-R -

This was the location I used to provide, however I have all 3 apps installed from the Mac App Store (as newly downloaded since installing Big Sur) and my appdata is all found within;

~/Library/Containers/[Affinity Photo/Designer/Publisher]/Data/Library/Application Support/

I will do my best to get clarification on this, as I believe this is where the app data from the Mac App Store can now be found for the Affinity apps.

Maybe this is a change related to Big Sur? I am still running Catalina & like with all previous macOS versions I have used, the Affinity apps I have purchased from the MAS use the "com.seriflabs" Container style folder pathnames, the same style as used with the many "com.apple" folders in ~/Library/Containers/.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff
17 hours ago, R C-R said:

Maybe this is a change related to Big Sur?

Thanks R C-R, I can confirm this is a Big Sur change, and we've updated our FAQ here to match - 

Any users on Big Sur should see 'Affinity Photo' etc in place of 'com.seriflabs.affinityphoto', hope this helps clear this up :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

@Immary thanks for your continued patience here.

I suspect that these files aren't being generated on your Mac as the app isn't able to initialise far enough into the process to begin writing these files.

As far as your crash report shows, (which is rather 'light' on data, which would also backup the above claim), this is the CODESINGING error which many users are experiencing on High Sierra, for both Affinity and other third party applications, as can be seen here - 

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252030900

Unfortunately as it stands, we can only suggests actions to resolve this, until Apple can provide all users with a fix. Unfortunately I do not have any other suggestions here currently, so I recommend contacting Apple support directly - making it very clear to them that this affects more than just the Affinity apps, and the app developers cannot repair this issue.

From what we understand, it was the following security update that broke this for many users, although we haven't been able to confirm this 100% yet. https://support.apple.com/HT211946

Of course I will do my best to update this thread with any new information we get regarding this issue, my sincerest apologies for any inconveniences caused in the meantime.

Please note -

Many thanks!

8 hours ago, Dan C said:

Of course I will do my best to update this thread with any new information we get regarding this issue, my sincerest apologies for any inconveniences caused in the meantime.

Hi @Dan C thank you so much for all the suggestions and explanation given so far. I've learned new things from the experience and gain some understanding also. In a way, I feel some trouble have been lifted now that I know the error is due to my current OS and not the app.  That knowledge alone helps a great deal.  I wish you the best and commend you for your patience and dedication :).