You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Inconsistency in transform operations when "transformation origin" is on

Hi,

activating "transformation origin" in the tool settings bar (with move tool) works flawlessly with rotation, but for it to be taken into account when scaling or shearing an object, the user has to hold down ctrl, which I don't think is documented (unless I missed it, always possible). It is quite hidden, but the real problem is it's inconsistent with rotation, which doesn't require holding down ctrl (and I believe is the correct way to handle it : either you require the user to hold down a modifier key, or to check a button, but not both).

Hadrien

22 minutes ago, Hadriscus said:

the user has to hold down ctrl, which I don't think is documented 

The Hint Line for shearing and scaling says

Shearing:
Ctrl to shear around the centre

Scaling:
Ctrl to resize around the centre

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

25 minutes ago, carl123 said:

The Hint Line for shearing and scaling says

Shearing:
Ctrl to shear around the centre

Scaling:
Ctrl to resize around the centre

Thanks ! where exactly do you get that ? The tooltip I'm seeing on hovering the button in question does not contain this information (maybe it's an oversight in the french translation?).

3 minutes ago, Hadriscus said:

Thanks ! where exactly do you get that ? The tooltip I'm seeing on hovering the button in question does not contain this information (maybe it's an oversight in the french translation?).

It isn't a Tooltip it is the bottom Left corner of the window when you have the application running in a single window. Meaning not in Separated mode.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

The Hint Line is at the bottom left of the screen - it gives you the relevant options when you use the move tool to shear or resize the object

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

On 9/18/2020 at 2:47 PM, carl123 said:

The Hint Line is at the bottom left of the screen

It is Status bar.

Click on it in the picture.

https://affinity.help/designer/English.lproj/pages/Workspace/interface.html

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.