You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Font size selection request

When selecting a font size from the top left drop down menu, I am presented with a list that starts with the size of the current selection, and they increase from that point.

About half the time, I want a smaller size. Thus I have to push the selection scroll bar UP to see some smaller choices.

Please open the font size selection list with the existing size highlighted in the middle, with some smaller choices  immediately available above it, instead of only larger choices.

I don't have the same experience. My font menus, both in the Contextual Toolbar (top left) and in the Character palette show the selected font in its place among the pre-defined sizes with a nice check mark next to it.

My complaint is that if the font size is not one of the pre-defined choices, there is no selection in the font menu. I would request that the selected font size always be shown in the menu in the appropriate spot regardless if its on of the pre-defined sizes.

Mac version, Publisher 1.8.4: Character palette and Text Style palette show full list (as screen size allows) but no check mark or other emphasis on selected size; toolbar list behaves alike too but it has check mark.

On further review, my setup is the same as @Fixx. Can see full font size list, but only see check mark for selected size on the context toollbar font menu, and only if font size is one of the defaults already populating the list.

And if I may sneak in a request mentioned elsewhere, I'd love to have up/down arrow controls next to the font size input for quick adjustments, and have active text reflect changes in the input live without having to click or tab out of the input. (I know I can mouse scroll inside the input, but that is very imprecise depending on your mouse scroll speed)

2 hours ago, prophet said:

up/down arrow controls next to the font size input

That would be like InDesign.

You can already adjust font size quickly by activating text and hover above size field ad use scroll wheel. Not very exact though..

Also, you can click size field and use kbd arrows but seems scrolling starts either from max or min size, not from current size -- clearly a work in progress.