Okay. I just lost some detailed work when I closed a document in Affinity Designer on the Ipad. Apparently, I never saved it and when I closed the document it was gone.

It is not your fault. I should have saved it. But as I worked on it for many hours over several days I just forgot because I thought I already saved the latest version. But when the doc is open in the app and you do not save it, it is not automatically saved (as far as I know).

What about an automatic saving feature?

So when you open a new document in Affinity Designer (iPad version) it will be automatically saved when this feature is enabled when e.g. the app is closed and/ or after X minutes.

Thank you.

In the apps Preferences > General is an option for the Autosave interval you can lower it from its default 300 (seconds). When working on a project within the app it will be saved internally, it's only when you select to Save a copy from the Document menu or to Save from the document screen thumbnail menu that the app will actually write a file to a location you specify or the default (iCloud/iPad) as also set in the Preferences.

Hi Lee D.

Thank you for your answer.

That is where I made a mistake. The document was only automatically saved internally. Not to a specified location. So when I closed the document it was gone because I forgot to save it to this specified location. I learned from my mistake. But perhaps a feature for the iPad app could be developed so that the document is automatically saved to a prespecified location.

Kind regards