You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush size control not working on screen with Huion New 1060 Plus 2048

I've search all over the internet for this but I'm only getting across Wacom users and not Huion as old as mine that uses an older Huion Manager/Properties, this one:image.png.93e48633c5526ffd484f3cc73b3328a6.png

What I'm showing in the video is me trying to resize the brush by dragging after pressing 'alt' and the rightclick emulation from the pen. It simply doesn't work. It works tho if I click the right mouse button ON THE MOUSE and then drag with THE PEN which looks like I'm trying to resolve one of those japanese impossible puzzle with my hands all over the keyboard a mouse and a pen at the same time.

I've disabled windows ink in Affinity and I guess "compatibile con TabletPC" unticked means: don't use windows ink, on the huion old properties panel screenshot I attached.
Affinity Photo version: 1.8.3.641
Windows 10 Pro.
Thanks for your time and support in advance.

That driver seems to be a "tad antique". Current version is 14.8.xxx for windows based system and has a lot more options to set up.

Resizing the brush with the same gestures as with a mouse seems to be impossible. But I'd update the driver and assign the shortcuts for "decrease/increase brush size" to some of the buttons of the tablet. That's what I did and it is working without any problems.

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)

28 minutes ago, Andy05 said:

That driver seems to be a "tad antique". Current version is 14.8.xxx for windows based system and has a lot more options to set up.

Driver V12.4.2 is the latest driver for that tablet.  The later driver versions are for 8192 pressure levels.

https://www.huion.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=lists&catid=16&myform=1&down_title=1060

7 minutes ago, - S - said:

Driver V12.4.2 is the latest driver for that tablet.  The later driver versions are for 8192 pressure levels.

https://www.huion.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=lists&catid=16&myform=1&down_title=1060

Yep, I can't use the new 14.8.xxx. 

38 minutes ago, Andy05 said:

Resizing the brush with the same gestures as with a mouse seems to be impossible. But I'd update the driver and assign the shortcuts for "decrease/increase brush size" to some of the buttons of the tablet. That's what I did and it is working without any problems.

Yeah I had it setted up like that for the last year waiting for a fix but I have to click for EACH increment of the brush, I cannot even keep it pushed for a fast increase/decrease. Please let me know if there will be some possible updates for this "older" Huion Drivers or not. Thinking about be obliged to buy a new tablet doesn't look right to me.

Oh, my bad. I must have missed that 2048 in the title. Yes, sadly the new driver generations don't support legacy tablets any longer and it seems like latter won't get any updates anymore.

The main problem seems to be that Affinity is prioritising drawing over "right click"  for the pen when you move left-right or up-down with it in an attempt to edit the brush size/softness.

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)

Hello @Grian,

there will probably be no new driver for the tablet.

Try the following, deactivate the option "Use Windows INK for Tablet input", then yours should Tablet work as expected.

tip.
assign ALT to  the hard-keys and assign  the Pen a rightclick to

Cheers

INK.png

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3527)

1 hour ago, Gnobelix said:

Hello @Grian,

there will probably be no new driver for the tablet.

Try the following, deactivate the option "Use Windows INK for Tablet input", then yours should Tablet work as expected.

tip.
assign ALT to  the hard-keys and assign  the Pen a rightclick to

Cheers

INK.png

Hi Gnobelix, That's what I've already did, and it doesn't work if you see my attached video. Just for people to know: buy a new tablet otherwise there's no support for this particular model.

Hello @Grian,

what else you can try
uninstall the driver
download an older driver (here, page 7 )
install the older driver with administrator rights (disconnects the tablet)
try the tablet with other programs,
INK for Windows may have to be deactivated in the driver.
it's worth a try, good luck.

Cheers

ink.PNG

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3527)

21 minutes ago, Gnobelix said:

Hello @Grian,

what else you can try
uninstall the driver
download an older driver (here, page 7 )
install the older driver with administrator rights (disconnects the tablet)
try the tablet with other programs,
INK for Windows may have to be deactivated in the driver.
it's worth a try, good luck.

Cheers

ink.PNG

I'm sorry I don't understand what do you want me to try. That image you posted is from latest huion software not the old one, I already have 12.4.2.181112 installed, which is the oldest I can get.
Your link points to a different tablet model, not the 'New Huion 1060 plus 2048' which is what I have. This is the right link: https://www.huion.com/index.php?m=content&c=index&a=lists&catid=16&myform=2&down_title1=NEW 1060PLUS(2048)&down_os=&down_type=

I'm on windows so that's the only driver I can download for my particular Huion model.

• Staff

Hi Grian :)

Sorry to hear you're having trouble - unfortunately I suspect your tablet requires an updated driver in order to use these functions, as we haven't tested Affinity with drivers of this age and therefore we can't guarantee compatibility.

I recommend contacting Huion to see if there's any version of the newer drivers that can be created/shared with the community to help improve product support for your specific tablet.

My apologies we can't offer more specific advice here!

7 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Hi Grian :)

Sorry to hear you're having trouble - unfortunately I suspect your tablet requires an updated driver in order to use these functions, as we haven't tested Affinity with drivers of this age and therefore we can't guarantee compatibility.

I recommend contacting Huion to see if there's any version of the newer drivers that can be created/shared with the community to help improve product support for your specific tablet.

My apologies we can't offer more specific advice here!

Hi Dan, Me and Gnobelix tried for 2 days straight to resolve the problem with no success. My tablet cannot update to a newer driver as I already said and others said in here. The only way to resolve is buying a new tablet, a more recent one that works with new drivers. I'm writing this because we spent a lot of time, and there is no solution, so if other people have the same model as I do they will know. Take care.

• 1 month later...

I bought Photo weeks ago. I discover the problem today as i dont use my tablet so much, and i'm a bit sad. It could be easily solved by letting user choose their hotkey for resize. I like the way Blender sculpt mode works : pushing F let you tweak the size until you click with the pen. Simple, easy.
About the 1060, i think the driver emulate the middle mouse button when you left click + right click (try yourself, click with the pen + right click and you pan) and so it f*** up the gesture.

Since i bought Photo i talked about it to every people that are bored by photoshop. But now i have to warned them. Plus the fact the gesture is anyway not really great (ctrl + shift + pen would be better, or entering in resize mode as i said before by pushing a key).

Just wanted to add my opinion.