Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Do you have the Photo and Designer betas installed? Or are you wanting to use the retail versions of Photo and Designer? if the latter then I don't know if you can, I have the betas installed and the Publisher beta calls them up when I choose Edit in Photo or Edit in Designer.


MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.6

Affinity Designer 1.8.4 | Affinity Photo 1.8.4 | Affinity Publisher 1.8.4 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.8.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.8.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate to be stupid, at 77+ it's quite easy nowadays. How do you get the betas for Photo & Designer? I purchased these via the google store, but bought Publisher direct.

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, peterpica said:

Hate to be stupid, at 77+ it's quite easy nowadays. How do you get the betas for Photo & Designer? I purchased these via the google store, but bought Publisher direct.

I presume you mean the Mac App Store; as far as I know they're not available via Google.

In any case, you can download the beta versions of any of the Affinity applications you own from the beta forums here. Generally the latest beta is available from a topic at the top of the relevant forum. Or, for Mac, you can find the information about which betas are available in the newest post in this topic.

(By the way, you started asking out what good the Publisher beta is, but you posted in the Designer beta forum. That's a bit confusing :) )


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 2004 (19041.388),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.4.693 and 1.8.4.693 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.4.693 and 1.8.4.693 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.4.693 and 1.8.4.687 Beta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Publisher beta is, but you posted in the Designer beta forum. That's a bit confusing

Gack! I missed that even though my brain was trying to tell me. Ah, well All's Well that Ends Well.


MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.6

Affinity Designer 1.8.4 | Affinity Photo 1.8.4 | Affinity Publisher 1.8.4 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.8.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.8.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I presume you mean the Mac App Store; as far as I know they're not available via Google.

In any case, you can download the beta versions of any of the Affinity applications you own from the beta forums here. Generally the latest beta is available from a topic at the top of the relevant forum. Or, for Mac, you can find the information about which betas are available in the newest post in this topic.

(By the way, you started asking out what good the Publisher beta is, but you posted in the Designer beta forum. That's a bit confusing :) )

Told you I was stupid! ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, peterpica said:

Got'em... Thanks all. STAY SAFE TOO!

Stay safe!


I gave up using Designer for hobby use - a "professional" vector drawing program without actual vector features. Customers waiting for five years in vain is more than any company can ask for.

Maybe if Affinity Designer 2.0 gets real and advanced vector features I can it use. Until then... I am a customer, a potential upgrader and an active observer with an opinion. Currently I am slowly finishing a project I started in Designer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.