Do you have the Photo and Designer betas installed? Or are you wanting to use the retail versions of Photo and Designer? if the latter then I don't know if you can, I have the betas installed and the Publisher beta calls them up when I choose Edit in Photo or Edit in Designer.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.6

Affinity Designer 1.8.4 | Affinity Photo 1.8.4 | Affinity Publisher 1.8.4 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.8.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.8.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.x

Hate to be stupid, at 77+ it's quite easy nowadays. How do you get the betas for Photo & Designer? I purchased these via the google store, but bought Publisher direct.

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, peterpica said:

Hate to be stupid, at 77+ it's quite easy nowadays. How do you get the betas for Photo & Designer? I purchased these via the google store, but bought Publisher direct.

I presume you mean the Mac App Store; as far as I know they're not available via Google.

In any case, you can download the beta versions of any of the Affinity applications you own from the beta forums here. Generally the latest beta is available from a topic at the top of the relevant forum. Or, for Mac, you can find the information about which betas are available in the newest post in this topic.

(By the way, you started asking out what good the Publisher beta is, but you posted in the Designer beta forum. That's a bit confusing :) )

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 2004 (19041.388),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.4.693 and 1.8.4.693 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.4.693 and 1.8.4.693 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.4.693 and 1.8.4.687 Beta.

6 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Publisher beta is, but you posted in the Designer beta forum. That's a bit confusing

Gack! I missed that even though my brain was trying to tell me. Ah, well All's Well that Ends Well.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.6

Affinity Designer 1.8.4 | Affinity Photo 1.8.4 | Affinity Publisher 1.8.4 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.8.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.8.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.x

24 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I presume you mean the Mac App Store; as far as I know they're not available via Google.

In any case, you can download the beta versions of any of the Affinity applications you own from the beta forums here. Generally the latest beta is available from a topic at the top of the relevant forum. Or, for Mac, you can find the information about which betas are available in the newest post in this topic.

(By the way, you started asking out what good the Publisher beta is, but you posted in the Designer beta forum. That's a bit confusing :) )

Told you I was stupid! ;-)

6 hours ago, peterpica said:

Got'em... Thanks all. STAY SAFE TOO!

Stay safe!

I gave up using Designer for hobby use - a "professional" vector drawing program without actual vector features. Customers waiting for five years in vain is more than any company can ask for.

Maybe if Affinity Designer 2.0 gets real and advanced vector features I can it use. Until then... I am a customer, a potential upgrader and an active observer with an opinion. Currently I am slowly finishing a project I started in Designer.