You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 1.8.2 crashes

As a test, I created a new document in Afpublisher, placed the same image as before, tried to save and again a crash (no bug report)

I created again a new document. Placed a random image, typed some text and saved the document. No problem.
Then placed the afdesigner file, tried to save: crash.

Then I had an idea...
The afdesigner file has 2 artboards. The crash happend with the Grey logo 
So I changed the artboard to the colored logo. Saved it.... No problem! Saved it perfectly.
Then changed the artboard again to the Grey logo, tried to save.. BAM, crash.

Another test....

I placed another afdesign illustration in a new document. Also a document with 2 artboards.
Both artboards resulted in a crash.

Placed yet another afdesign document (with only 1 artboard): No crash.

So the crash seems to be the resukt of placing an afdesign illustration that has more than 1 artboard....

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/17/2020 at 4:07 PM, Vormgevertje said:

Where can I find a crash report? (...) Nothing popped up....

just FYI, next time: After each application crash macOS generates a report and opens it in a window pop-up looking like this:

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/2231253/47160301-d0787b00-d319-11e8-9932-c1cedda47c1b.png

It may take a few seconds for this window to appear. It may take even longer to appear than your reopening of the crashed app manually.

Your crash reports are stored in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/Affinity Publisher_2020-03-23-043539_mbp2.crash, whereas their file name starts with "Affinity Publisher", followed by date-time_computername. Alternatively you can search, read, and reveal-in-finder a report via the macOS app "Console". (https://support.apple.com/nl-nl/guide/console/welcome/mac)

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• Staff

The fix for this has been rolled out in the recent 1.8.3 release

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon