You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

.173 Mask Bug With Greyness Slider Affecting Opacity Slider

When working on a mask with a brush and you click on the greyness slider to adjust the brush colour the opacity slider jumps to 0%, it doesn't matter where you click on the bar. This has caused some unexpected results when trying to edit a mask with the brush because you don't always notice it happening, not to mention a fair bit of confusion & frustration 😺

Note that the problem isn't restricted to when working on a mask; it can happen when any object or no object is selected. The key factors are that a brush-based tool is active and the Colour panel is in Greyscale mode and its values mode is 8-bit or 16-bit, but not percentage. Same bug was in the retail AP 1.7.3 and it also affects Designer (Pixel Persona for raster brushes, of course).

23 minutes ago, anon2 said:

Colour panel is in Greyscale

I didn’t notice it in 1.7.3 because I don’t use grayscale mode, unfortunately now there is no choice if you need to paint on a mask.

I have had limited time with 1.8, I have a lot of masking to do now and I really don’t find the current implementation intuitive or helpful to workflow.

21 minutes ago, anon2 said:

Still broken for me using 1.8.2.174. Also, it's not in the list of fixes. Maybe you have the values mode set to percentage, which didn't exhibit the jump to zero opacity problem, anyway.

My mistake, I didn't notice, should pay more attention to what I am doing.

It is still broken, for now I will work with the values set to percentage, at least I am not getting any surprises with it jumping to zero opacity 😀

• 2 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.