my studio link  for the publisher got broken after updating both designer and photo.

how do i fix it?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

What versions of Pubisher, Photo, and Designer beta are you running? If all three are not at the same release level then StudioLink probably won't work.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 2004 (19041.388),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.693 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.693 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.687 Beta.

1 hour ago, josia said:

i'm using the latest beta version of the publisher (Affinity Publisher Customer Beta - 1.8.0.556)

And what versions of Photo and Beta do you have?

If they're also at the latest beta level, they are 1.8.1.595, which is not compatible (for StudioLink) with 1.8.0. You'll need to wait for a 1.8.1 Publisher beta.

(By the way, the latest beta of Publisher on Windows was 1.8.0.584. But StudioLink won't work there, either, when Photo and Designer are at a higher level.)

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 2004 (19041.388),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.693 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.693 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.687 Beta.

It's all out of synch at the moment anyway because the release version of Publisher is 180.584 which supersedes the last beta which as been deprecated.

On 3/3/2020 at 10:35 AM, josia said:

my studio link  for the publisher got broken after updating both designer and photo.

how do i fix it?

All three must be from the same beta branch - or lets call it be in "code sync".

A new beta of Publisher has just been released for Mac and Windows. Make sure you are running that latest beta of all three and it will work. Verified. 🙂

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/62-affinity-publisher-beta-forums/

I gave up using Designer for hobby use - a "professional" vector drawing program without actual vector features. Customers waiting for five years in vain is more than any company can ask for.

Maybe if Affinity Designer 2.0 gets real and advanced vector features I can it use. Until then... I am a customer, a potential upgrader and an active observer with an opinion. Currently I am slowly finishing a project I started in Designer.

The new beta builds 1.8.2.603 no longer require the same level of synchronization, so 1.8.2 publisher (currently in beta) will now recognise 1.8.1 designer or 1.8.2 (or 1.8.3 etc once available)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Latest releases on each platform 

I am having the same problem. I had all three check for updates and all three say 1.8.1

Is there something else I need to do?

Thank you.